MBA Stories: Entrepreneurship OLD

• Entrepreneurship MBA: Starting Your Own Company in Darden's iLab Incubator

"My internship was very different from my peers because I started my own company over the summer, and the venture is focused on delivering energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies to small- and medium-sized businesses. Darden helped me in many ways to promote the venture and to be prepared for the internship.  

First, the classes I took allowed me to take the 360 overview of business, whether it be accounting, marketing, operations, personal leadership, or something else, and that gave me that opportunity to get a very nice grasp of the things that are out there in business. Second, my peers in class had certain experience related to the energy industry, and I was able to talk with them and share my ideas and get their feedback so that I could promote the venture. Third, my company was admitted into the Darden Business Incubator, or iLab, 1-year program.  The iLab and Batten Institute that manages the i.Lab did great job promoting the ventures, helping us out, and bringing speakers to talk about tons of different topics. They aimed at helping the ventures to take off, and all these areas helped me to prepare for my internship."

— Alexander Bazhinov (MBA '15)