- Let's discuss the position and responsibilities first to be sure that there is a fit.
- Salary is only one element of a successful partnership.
Strategies for Delay of Screening-Out Questions
- At this time, I'm sure we are both interested in making the best match. Salary is always relevant to the employee's work and contributions. I'd like to know a little more about the position and I'm sure you need assurances about what I'd bring to the table before we can agree on a specific compensation package.
- I'm sure we can agree on compensation if the match is right.
- Could we review the level of responsibility and my potential for contributing to your group before moving into compensation?
- So far, the job content and responsibilities seem right to me and I'm sure you've considered salary in establishing this position. What did you have in mind?