The Darden School Center for Asset Management (CAM) advances the study and practice of asset management through top-quality research, regular conferences and activities, support for the students of Darden Capital Management, and the development of educational programs.
The Darden School Center for Asset Management (CAM) will become a global leader in the field of asset management by producing market-facing research and by preparing skilled future asset managers. CAM will serve as a hub of thought leadership and professional development for faculty, students, alumni and business practitioners in the field of asset management.
CAM Advisory Group
The CAM Advisory Group was convened in late 2012 to advise the Dean on CAM objectives and activities, and to assist with generating support for CAM. The Advisory Group consists of founding CAM supporters, faculty, staff and asset management professionals. The Group meets quarterly to support the continued advancement of the Center. Learn more about the CAM Advisory Group members.
The research center's activities will include:
- Research: Publishing leading-edge research in top journals
- Conferences: Hosting highly regarded conferences such as Darden's International Finance Conference and the University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC). The 6th annual UVIC conference will take place 14-15 November 2013 at the Darden School and will explore the theme "Finding Opportunity in an Unpredictable World."
- Best Practices: Identifying best practices in asset management through research and interaction with practicing managers in the field
- Cases and Educational Materials: Developing asset management cases and other educational materials, to be published by Darden Business Publishing
- Student Programs: Enhancing Darden Capital Management (DCM), the student-run investment fund, and creating new educational programs in the field of finance at Darden
Learn more about CAM Events & Programs.