University of Virginia Investing Conference
CAM is the presenting sponsor for Darden's 6th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC) - Finding Opportunity in an Unpredictable World - on 14-15 November 2013 at the Darden School of Business.
In today's turbulent investing environment - driven by new, geopolitical forces - where can asset managers find attractive returns?
Six years after the financial bubble burst, politics and policy shape the industry more than ever before. With the stroke of a pen, regulators can change the global investing landscape, making it difficult to predict what's next in macroeconomics.
While keeping an eye on broad, macro issues, the 6th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC) will add micro insights to inform actionable strategies for asset allocation, investment selection and risk management.
Industry experts from around the world, hosted by Darden's top-ranked faculty, will also probe innovations and ideas that could lead to the next big think - and the next big investment opportunity.
- Kyle Bass, Managing Partner, Hyman Capital Management
- Joyce Chang, Managing Director, JP Morgan Securities LLC
- Rob Citrone, Founding Partner, Discovery Capital Management
- Tony Crescenzi, Executive Vice President, Market Strategist, Portfolio Manager, PIMCO
- Alice Handy, Chief Investment Officer, Investure
- Joseph "Jody" A. LaNasa III, Managing Partner, Serengeti Asset Management
- Scott Malpass, Vice President of Investments, Notre Dame
- Howard Marks, Chairman, Oaktree
- Jason DeSena Trennert, Investment Strategist, Strategas Research Partners
- More speakers to be announced
Learn more about UVIC and register for the 2013 conference through the event website.
CAM Breakfast Series
CAM hosts a quarterly roundtable breakfast series across the country for practicing asset managers, Darden alumni and friends of the Darden. These roundtables provide an opportunity for practicing managers to exchange ideas and compare strategies within an academic setting monitored by Darden faculty.
- 22 May 2013 - Hosted by JPMorgan in New York, New York. To learn more or to register, please contact Carter Hoerr at HoerrC@darden.virginia.edu.
- 26 October 2012 - Hosted by the Darden School in Charlottesville, VA
- 22 February 2012 - Hosted by Lowe, Brockenbrough and Company, Inc. in Richmond, VA