The Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management presents the
7th Annual University of Virginia
13-14 November 2014 | Darden School of Business
Investing Conference (UVIC)
Investing in Innovation
As disruptive innovation shakes up industries at an accelerating pace, investors must excel at identifying true innovation and understanding its investment implications.
Join us at UVIC for the ideas you need to invest successfully in the innovation economy.
As macroeconomic winds subside, paving the way for global economic growth, investors worldwide are growing more optimistic about future market returns.
One key driver of growth is innovation. Since World War II, some of the most successful investors have identified and invested wisely in what 20th century economist Joseph Schumpeter coined "creative destruction" – the process by which the new displaces the old, whether it's technology, products, production processes, markets or organizations.
With every economic recovery, executives and entrepreneurs argue that their new products will revolutionize an industry. Will they?
At UVIC, Darden's top-ranked faculty will convene global thought leaders and hundreds of professional asset managers. We'll ask:
- What factors will drive future growth?
- What do the answers imply for the classic tasks of investors: asset selection, portfolio allocation and risk management?
- Which new products will truly revolutionize an industry?
- What's ahead in digital health care, cybersecurity, energy and technology?
Leaders in their fields, UVIC speakers will provide valuable insights and actionable strategies for investors as they seek to identify the drivers of future growth.
- Charles R. Cory, Chairman of Global Technology Investment Banking & Managing Director, Morgan Stanley & Co
- Richard Fisher, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (schedule pending)
- W. Barnes Hauptfuhrer, Chief Executive Officer, Chapter IV Investors
- Robert J. Hariri, Founder, Chairman & Chief Scientific Officer, Celgene Cellular Therapeutics
- Ned Hooper, Partner, Centerview Capital
- Robert J. Hugin, Chairman & CEO, Celgene Corporation
- Samuel D. Isaly, Managing Partner, OrbiMed
- Nancy Lazar, Partner, Cornerstone Macro
- John Siegel, Partner, Columbia Capital
- Michael Sola, Portfolio Manager, T. Rowe Price
- Kathy Warden, Corporate Vice President and President, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
More speakers to be confirmed.
Experience UVIC: Watch 2013 Event Videos