Shanghai Investing Summit:
Global Growth and the Next Breakthrough Economy
9 May 2014
Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre
Our hyperconnected, global economy challenges investors to capture opportunity and mitigate risk. In one of the most dynamic cities of Asia and a rising financial center, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business Shanghai Investing Summit will draw upon today's leading thinkers and business minds ― hosted by Darden's top-ranked faculty ― to identify the next best investments in both the large, core emerging markets and in new pockets of performance. The day-long event will highlight new trends and provide actionable investment strategies.
Join the University of Virginia Darden School of Business Shanghai Investing Summit and keep pace with the changing rules of global investing. The event is sponsored by Darden's Center for Global Initiatives and the Center for Asset Management.
Guest Speakers Will Include:
- Robert Bruner, Dean, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Yifei Li, China Chair, Man Group
Hedge Fund and Alternatives Outlook in Emerging Markets Panel:
Large Institutional Investors' Perspectives on Global Opportunity Panel:
- Moderator: John Macfarlane, Founding Partner and Chairman, Vinci Zafferano Capital
- Patrik Edsparr, CIO & co-founder, Tor Investment Management
- Fanglu Wang, Senior Managing Director, CITIC Capital
- Moderator: Larry Kochard, CEO & CIO, University of Virginia Investment Management Company
- Mark Machin, Senior Vice President, Head of International & President CPPIB Asia, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Ichiro Suzuki, Sr. Portfolio Manager, Nomura Asset Management
New Investing Opportunities and Alternatives Panel:
- Qing Shan Liu, CEO, Manulife TEDA Fund Management Co.