Shanghai Investing Summit:
Global Growth and the Next Breakthrough Economy
9 May 2014
Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre
Our hyperconnected, global economy challenges investors to capture opportunity and mitigate risk. In one of the most dynamic cities of Asia and a rising financial center, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business Shanghai Investing Summit will draw upon today's leading thinkers and business minds ― hosted by Darden's top-ranked faculty ― to identify the next best investments in both the large, core emerging markets and in new pockets of performance. The day-long event will highlight new trends and provide actionable investment strategies.
Join the University of Virginia Darden School of Business Shanghai Investing Summit and keep pace with the changing rules of global investing. The event is sponsored by Darden's Center for Global Initiatives and the Center for Asset Management.
Guest Speakers Will Include:
- Yifei Li, China Chair, Man Group
- Xinjun Liang, CEO, Fosun Group
- Robert Bruner, Dean, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
Hedge Fund and Alternatives Outlook
- Moderator: John Macfarlane,III, Founding Partner and Chairman, Vinci Zafferano Capital
- Patrik Edsparr, CIO & co-founder, Tor Investment Management
- Hua Fan, Head of Fixed Income and Absolute Return Investment Department, China Investment Corporation
- Fanglu Wang, Senior Managing Director, CITIC Capital
Breakthrough Investing Opportunities
- Moderator: Jerry Peng, CEO, Four Seas Capital Management
- Jim Cheng, Principal, New Richmond Ventures; former Secretary of Commerce and Trade, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Qian Jiannong, President of Tourism and Commercial Group; Senior Assistant President of Fosun Group
- Qing Shan Liu, CEO, Manulife TEDA Fund Management Co.
Large Institutional Investors' Perspectives on Global Opportunity Panel:
- Moderator: Larry Kochard, CEO & CIO, University of Virginia Investment Management Company
- Mark Machin, President of Asia, CPPIB Asia Inc.