PLE programs, including the UVA School Turnaround Specialist Programs, are designed based on these foundational beliefs:
- High-impact leadership is a primary lever to drive student
outcomes and a necessary component of any school
- Reexamining school system practice is key to any major school
- Organizational transformation must be collaborative.
- There is no one formula for school transformation.
- Sustained change requires embedded, ongoing support,
accountability and capacity-building.
- Excellent schools have a relentless focus on addressing
individual teacher and student needs and learning from assessment
and behavioral data.
- Teacher effectiveness at scale is dependent on organizational
leadership, talent management and support.
- Student achievement must be the determining indicator of
success for any education leadership program.
More Information on PLE Beliefs