To become a nationally recognized source for insights and delivery capacity to help districts develop their leadership capacity and to create the conditions in which these leaders can sustain success. The Darden/Curry Partnership for Leaders in Education will be distinguished by our focus on the systemic nature of leadership and on ensuring leadership is seen as a primary lever to drive student outcomes. By supporting, aligning and empowering leaders at all levels, we will ensure more effective leadership practices at the school level that enable teachers to significantly improve student learning.
Intended Impact of the Darden/Curry PLE
- Build systemic leadership capacity at the district and state levels that enable education delivery systems to establish conditions that strengthen, support, align and empower leaders at all levels;
- Develop more effective leadership practices at the school level that enable teachers to dramatically improve student outcomes;
- Ensure that leadership is seen as a primary lever to drive student outcomes in the field of education;
- Contribute research-based insight to education field that strengthens leadership systems.
The Darden/Curry Partnership for Leaders in Education believes it will drive impact by:
- Building district capacity to create the right conditions for school turnaround;
- Supporting districts in the use of competency-based tools to identify, evaluate and develop effective leaders;
- Educating district and school leaders in general leadership skills, and providing leadership development and capacity building;
- Utilizing research to demonstrate impact and conducting and disseminating research related to the drivers of effective leadership systems; and
- Advocating for policies that enable effective district and school leadership systems, including district-level support of school leaders.