Executives who excel at strategic decision making possess a thorough understanding of the tools available for analyzing problems, especially those involving risk and uncertainty. They are also able to overcome hurdles for analysis, examine methods for structuring and model decision dilemmas and an understanding of how to apply these methods to a variety of challenges. In this program, you will:
- Enhance your ability to obtain insight, exercise judgment and design more effective decision processes.
- Break down decisions into manageable parts, analyze possible alternatives, use available information and consider decision makers' preferences.
- Learn to avoid common mistakes.
- Implement effective decision audits, proactively manage risk and harness uncertainty to improve results.
Gain insights into:
- Frame decisions by asking the right questions.
- Avoid cognitive biases, decision traps and group think.
- Use appropriate analyses, stage decisions, incorporate options and integrate multiple perspectives.
- Structure decisions incorporating uncertainty, alternatives and additional information.
- Estimate and mitigate risk, transforming it into opportunities.
- Identify organization values that drive decisions and tradeoffs.
- Analyze an industry, define performance drivers and fit the pieces together.
- Deepen your sophistication in exercising judgment and thinking more strategically.