There is a crucial distinction between management and leadership. This program, which brings together business and nonprofit leaders, will help you create a culture that brings out the best in everyone. While learning about cutting-edge business ideas and exploring current research, you will gain an understanding of the difference between management and leadership in order to elevate your vision above daily execution. As a highly effective leader, you must possess a strong sense of purpose and the ability to create a shared vision. You must become a powerful and effective communicator. Learn how to move from managing yourself and others to cultivating a positive environment in which others can become leaders.
Through this course, you will learn how to:
- Motivate people and encourage responsibility and creativity.
- Lead with purpose and vision.
- Integrate vision, opportunities and innovation.
- Practice authentic leadership through theater-based experiential learning.
- Explore your leadership style through executive coaching and the Tilt 360™ Leadership Predictor.
Gain insight into:
- Emphasize purpose and values as the foundation of good business practice.
- Leverage the subtle balance between managing and leading.
- Balance authority with empowerment.
- Engage organizational values, history, stakeholders and purpose.
- Integrate personal and organizational opportunities and visions.
- Explore leadership and emergent strategies.
- Draft a plan to advance your leadership role.
- Cultivate personal principles that shape your leadership.
- Lead other leaders effectively.
The Tilt 360™ Leadership Predictor is a strengths-based character assessment. The tool measures the core character strengths of leadership presence and impact. Tilt 360 increases a leader's self-awareness of his or her influence on the team-level climate. The tool can predict whether the leader is creating conditions for collaboration, values-alignment, innovation and sustainability.
Test your authentic leadership voice through a unique theatrical experience. Learn about effective communication, collaboration and trust-based relationships.