As business landscapes transform and evolve, efficiency strategies and the ability to smartly manage effective organizations also advance. Creating and sustaining a culture of high performance, and leading organizational effectiveness across the enterprise, are a few of the most complex challenges facing leaders.
Through the program Leading Organizational Effectiveness, managers will:
- Understand the systems thinking necessary to integrate disciplines of performance improvement, customer focus, learning and change.
- Enhance their capabilities and be prepared to develop and successfully lead a highly effective organization.
- Return to work with a clear vision and an actionable plan for implementing high-performance and effectiveness structures.
“This course gave me the knowledge and skills to reflect on the power within people to lead and change the culture, values, experience and thinking that we have most of the time, but don’t know it. This program sparked the energy within.”
Essam Saeed Alghamdi
Director, Field Operations Planning and Development
Saudi Telecom Company
“This course has given me a quantum leap in my managerial and leadership capabilities.”
Chief of Staff
Defense Intelligence Agency
“The course is titled ‘Leading Organizational Effectiveness,’ but it could as easily be titled ‘Developing Personal Effectiveness.’ This course was simply outstanding!”
Lockheed Martin Corporation
- All levels of leaders and managers who seek the tools and knowledge to help shift their organizations to extraordinary performance and high effectiveness
- Executives committed to dramatically improving value, improving processes and reducing overuse, underuse, and misuse of services and resources
- Managers responsible for unit or enterprise performance
- Executives in a mix of roles, spanning a diverse range of product and service organizations
Participants have come from a wide range of roles, industries and organizations.
Titles of Recent Participants:
- C-Suite Executives, including CEO, CFO, COO and Chief Marketing Officer
- General Manager
- Merger/Acquisition Executives
- Health Care Executives, including COO and Chief Medical Officer
- Chief of Staff
- Operations Manager
- Program Management Engineers
- President, Senior Vice President and Vice President
- Human Resources Executives responsible for contributing to their firms’ strategic initiatives
- Directors/Managers in all functions
Recent Industry Representation:
Organizations Recently Attending:
AAA Auto Club South
Airline Tariff Publishing Co.
Argonne National Laboratory
BWX Technologies Inc.
Chubb Group of Insurance Cos.
Defense Intelligence Agency
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Dominion Resources Inc.
EQUATE Petrochemical Co.
Federal Transit Administration
Independent Project Analysis
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems
Ken Batchelor Cadillac-Saab-Hummer
Medway Emergency Planning Committee
National Pension Commission
National Science Foundation
National Security Agency
Network Appliance Inc.
Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corp.
Océ North America Inc.
Principal Financial Group
PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk.
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco
Saudi Chevron Phillips
Sea Star Line LLC
Sewell Automotive Cos.
Sheridan Books Inc.
Southeastern Mills Inc.
Starbucks Coffee Co.
State Farm Insurance Cos.
State Street Corp.
Teledyne Brown Engineering Inc.
The MITRE Corp.
The Teaching Co.
Toyota Motor Corp.
Transportation Security Admin.
Transportes Minderva, S.A. DE C.V.
Turner Construction Co.
U.S. Marine Corps
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
University of Virginia
Ventana Medical Systems Inc.
Verdaine Investments Ltd.
Program activities include:
- Classroom teaching and discussion focused on case studies, including peer cases based on participants’ real-life challenges and opportunities
- Time spent in and outside the classroom with Darden’s top-ranked faculty, whose real-world experience spans the globe
- Development of a Personal Action Plan
Prior to arriving, participants will identify and submit a company-specific performance/effectiveness opportunity. The faculty team will review each opportunity, customizing potential areas of focus on relevant industries and case examples. Participants will actively assess the needs of their work environments on several dimensions and return to their organizations with new approaches and frameworks.
Day One kickoff reception and dinner
Daily sessions + meals at the Darden School
Evenings spent in group discussion and/or individual preparation
Final day session + lunch