|October 1-4, 2013
|NBAA members receive a 10% fee reduction.
Developing Leadership Capability in the Corporate Aviation Function is designed for executives responsible for leading corporate aviation departments. Through the program, managers will improve their leadership skills, learn to better administer change and examine best practices in creating high-performance service operations.
Participants will also:
- Learn to identify and articulate core competencies and unique capabilities of the aviation function, with the intent of crafting them into an array of service capabilities.
- Explore the process of contemporary strategic thinking to provide a basis for:
– Developing strategic thinking and vision.
– Contributing or responding to the strategic process of larger organizations.
- Utilize current models of the strategic thinking process to develop a strategic agenda.
- Explore the different levels and key elements of leadership, as well as the steps to effective leadership, building high-performance teams, managing change and other components that link managing change and leadership in a strategic context.
- Strengthen negotiation skills in order to communicate more effectively with corporate management and to develop more cohesive teams.
- Learn practical frameworks for simultaneously creating and sustaining superior performance and increasing productivity.
- Acquire specific tools and techniques for systems analysis and improvement, along with insights into the roles that managers must play to achieve high performance.
Chief pilots or executives with aviation department responsibilities.
- Broadened strategic perspective of the firm and the corporate aviation function.
- Deepened understanding of leadership and managing change.
- Improved capability to create a high-performing department.
- Refined leadership style and the ability to influence without authority.
- Strengthened interpersonal influence skills.
This program counts as one week toward earning a Certificate of Specialization.
- Strategic Thinking
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Mastering the Change Process
- High-Performance Service Operations
- Personal Planning Workshop
- Air Traffic Manager
- Aviation Department Manager
- Captain, Corporate Aviation
- Chief Pilot
- Director, Aircraft Maintenance
- Director, Emergency Operations
- Director of Technical Services
- Flight Attendant
- Manager Dispatch
- Manager of Aviation Standards
- Quality Control Inspector
- Safety Officer
- Vice President/General Manager
James G. Clawson
Johnson & Higgins Professor of Business Administration
Mark E. Haskins
Professor of Business Administration