In today's turbulent investing environment - driven by new, geopolitical forces - where can asset managers find attractive returns?
Five years after the financial bubble burst, politics and policy shape the industry more than ever before. With the stroke of a pen, regulators can change the global investing landscape, making it difficult to predict what's next in macroeconomics.
While keeping an eye on broad, macro issues, the 6th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC) will add micro insights to inform actionable strategies for asset allocation, investment selection and risk management.
Industry experts from around the world, hosted by Darden's top-ranked faculty, will also probe innovations and ideas that could lead to the next big thing - and the next big investment opportunity.
Guest Speakers Will Include:
- Joyce Chang, Global Head of Fixed Income Research, JP Morgan Securities LLC
- Richard Chilton, Chairman & CEO, Chilton Investment Company
- Tony Crescenzi, Executive Vice President, Market Strategist and Portfolio Manager, PIMCO
- Howard Marks, Chairman, Oaktree
- Jason DeSena Trennert, Managing Partner, Chairman & CEO, Strategas Research Partners LLC
- Larry Kochard, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, UVIMCO
- Donald W. Lindsey, Chief Investment Officer, The George Washington University
- Scott Malpass, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, University of Notre Dame
- D. Ellen Shuman, Former Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Carnegie Corporation