In today's turbulent investing environment - driven by new, geopolitical forces - where can asset managers find attractive returns?
Five years after the financial bubble burst, politics and policy shape the industry more than ever before. With the stroke of a pen, regulators can change the global investing landscape, making it difficult to predict what's next in macroeconomics.
While keeping an eye on broad, macro issues, the 6th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC) will add micro insights to inform actionable strategies for asset allocation, investment selection and risk management.
Industry experts from around the world, hosted by Darden's top-ranked faculty, will also probe innovations and ideas that could lead to the next big thing - and the next big investment opportunity.
- Kyle Bass, Managing Partner, Hayman Capital Management LP
- Joyce Chang, Global Head of Fixed Income Research, JP Morgan Securities LLC
- Rob Citrone, Founding Partner, Discovery Capital Management
- Tony Crescenzi, Executive Vice President, Market Strategist and Portfolio Manager, PIMCO
- Henry Ellenbogen, Portfolio Manager, T. Rowe Price
- Alice Handy, Founder and President, Investure
- Ned Hooper, Partner, Centerview Capital
- Joseph "Jody" A. LaNasa III, Managing Partner, Serengeti Asset Management
- Scott Malpass, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, University of Notre Dame
- Howard Marks, Chairman, Oaktree
- Jason DeSena Trennert, Managing Partner, Chairman & CEO, Strategas Research Partners LLC
- Wil VanLoh, President & CEO, Quantum Energy Partners
- More speakers to be announced