- Subscription access to over 120 databases for business and general research.
- Our staff is willing to research the availability and pricing of additional databases needed for research.
- Over 800 business journals and magazines and 8 daily newspapers are available on-site. Additional international newspapers are available for browsing in Saunders Hall.
- Most periodical subscription titles are also available electronically.
- Additional periodicals are available via our electronic database subscriptions.
- The library welcomes faculty recommendations for new books, journals and databases.
- Staff will locate and send requested articles, books and other materials to faculty members.
- Library staff is willing to initiate faculty interlibrary loan requests for materials from non-UVA libraries.
Table of Contents delivery
- Table of contents (TOC) pages from new magazine and journal issues are sent regularly to faculty members and staff.
- Using the Library’s IntraREQUEST software, faculty members can create and update their lists of requested journals or magazines for TOC delivery. Faculty members can also browse older TOC pages online.
Class reserve shelf
- Faculty members can place textbooks, monographs and other materials on reserve for students.
- The library will purchase needed reserve books at the request of faculty members.
Research and reference assistance
- Library reference staff can assist in the development of research strategies and provide database instruction.
- Library reference staff can help identify relevant journal articles on research topics.
- Library reference staff can search for and deliver data and answers to other types of reference questions.
- Library reading rooms provide a quiet refuge for research and reflection.
- Reading tables have outlets to plug into Darden network and electrical power.
- Wireless access is available throughout the library.