The Global MBA for Executives admissions application is considered complete when all of the following items have been submitted:
- Online admissions application, including essays and résumé. The 2013-2014 GEMBA application essay is as follows:
Share your thought process as you encountered a challenging work situation or complex problem. What did you learn about yourself?
(500 words maximum)
- Recommendations. We require two recommendations that address the questions asked on our online recommendation form. After you have contacted the recommenders about providing the recommendation, complete the form on the recommender's page of the online application. They will be sent an e-mail message with instructions and a web address to visit in order to complete your recommendation. We strongly advise that one letter come from your direct manager or supervisor.
- Transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate work completed. You may upload an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) into your application. If you choose to accept an offer of admission from Darden, you will need to mail us an official transcript.
- Company Support Letter from your employer. At a minimum, this letter should acknowledge your interest in participating in the program, its applicability to your career advancement and your company's support of the time commitment required to participate. The letter can include information on financial support being provided, although this is not required. This letter must be signed and submitted on company letterhead.
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or GRE: You can self-report your unofficial GMAT scores on your online application. The Darden code for the Global Executive MBA is KC7-OX-12. You may also e-mail an unofficial copy of your score to GEMBA@darden.virginia.edu. As an alternative to the GMAT, a GRE score will also be accepted.
In a very few exceptional cases, a waiver of the GMAT or GRE may be granted to candidates who hold an advanced degree in an analytic field. To request a waiver, please e-mail your résumé, academic transcripts and standardized test scores to GEMBA@darden.virginia.edu.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for candidates whose native language is not English. The TOEFL may be waived if you completed university study at a school in which English was the medium of instruction or if you have several years of professional experience in an environment where English was the language spoken and written. Requests for a waiver of the TOEFL can be made to GEMBA@darden.virginia.edu.
- Admissions Interview. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview after their application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Interviews play a critical role in our assessment of candidates and are required prior to acceptance into the program. All interviews are conducted by a member(s) of the Admissions Committee. Candidates living in the U.S. are required to interview on the Darden Grounds. Applicants living abroad are welcome to interview on the Darden Grounds, but are not expected to do so. International interviews are conducted via Skype.
- $215 Application Fee (submitted along with your online application).