Merit Based Scholarships
Applicants who are offered admission to the Global Executive MBA Program are automatically considered for a merit-based scholarship; there is no additional scholarship application. The amounts of scholarship awards for the GEMBA class of 2016 ranged from $20,700 to $146,900 with an average of $46,760. Most scholarships are between one seventh to one fourth of tuition and fees. (Note that the two full tuition and fees scholarships do skew the average amount). Scholarship decisions are based on a holistic review of the application for admission and interview. It is recommended that applicants apply for admission by the earliest deadline to be considered for the largest pool of available of scholarships.
Indonesia Endowed Fellowship
The Darden School of Business is proud to announce the creation of the Indonesia Endowed Fellowship. This fellowship is used to increase the access for Indonesian students who might benefit most from the Darden experience, increase the global focus of the curriculum and elevate the quality of the student body. The fellowship will provide one full tuition scholarship for an Indonesian national. For more information on this scholarship, please visit the Darden MBA Scholarship for Indonesian Applicant site.
Batten Media Fellowships
This award enables professionals engaged in all aspects of media to pursue an MBA degree at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business. The fellowships cover full tuition and a stipend of $6,000 per year towards living expenses for up to four recipients in the three formats of the Darden MBA: Full-Time and Global MBA for Executives.
Frank Batten Sr., a U.Va. alumnus, media pioneer, visionary and founder of The Weather Channel, established the fellowships in 1988 to give men and women committed to a career in the media the opportunity to develop the skills needed to lead and manage a successful media enterprise.
Darden seeks Batten Media Fellow candidates who demonstrate exceptional journalistic abilities and desire to develop themselves for leadership roles in the media.
- Be citizens of the United States
- Have at least three years' experience in the news media and be full-time employees of the news media, including newspapers, radio and television stations, networks, other electronic media, magazines or the Associated Press
- Intend to return to the news media after receiving an MBA
- Apply to the Darden School by the appropriate deadlines and complete interviews as well as a Batten Media Fellows application obtained through Darden's Office of Financial Aid
- Applicants to Darden's MBA need to apply by Round 2.
- Applicants to Darden's GEMBA need to apply by the 10 May deadline.
Questions regarding the Global Executive MBA Scholarship Program can be directed to the Darden Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.