The sixth and final residency of the Darden Global MBA for Executives format will take place during April at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business in Charlottesville, Virginia (visit Academic Calendar for proposed dates).
During this residency, core courses will give way to a series of elective-style classes. You will learn about the integration of numeric dependent disciplines to improve decision making in "Global Business by the Numbers"; you will learn about design strategy, design a business plan, and discuss the management of success as a part of "Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Growth"; and you will develop and hone leadership, strategy, and change management skills in "Leading Global Strategic Change." You will also give a capstone group presentation based on a project utilizing all of the skills and international business and cultural acumen developed over the previous 20 months. In addition to these courses, you will complete your "Professional Advancement Course" via personal interviews and guidance classes.
Courses taught during "Term 6: What’s Next and Creating the Future" and during the sixth residency include:
- Global Business by the Numbers, a synthesis of advanced skill building in Accounting, Decision Analysis, and Finance
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Growth
- Leading Global Strategic Change
- Professional Advancement Course
- Creating the Future (capstone presentation)
Hotel: Inn at Darden (located on the Darden Grounds)
Classroom Site: Darden School of Business
Re-introduction to Darden Grounds and a special Dinner with the entire GEMBA faculty in one of Jefferson’s original buildings on The Lawn.
Days 2 – 14
[Note: Day 8 is a rest day]
- Three case method classes per day, taught by Darden faculty (many of which will be taught by multiple faculty during a single class session — watch this Darden Team Teaching video to learn more).
- Lunch is with the faculty most days, allowing students to have off-line discussions and get to know the faculty more personally.
- Learning teams will meet at the hotel.
- A closing GEMBA program wrap-up followed by a celebratory student and program faculty picnic.