The European Society at Darden is one of the youngest Darden clubs. The club was created in 2003 by engaged European students with the goal to make Darden become the top choice for European applicants to U.S. MBA programs.
In March 2003, Dominique Vincent was elected first president of the club. During his mandate, Pedro Martins and Professor Yiorgos Allayannis launched the European Darden Case Competition, which had great success with more than 300 European undergrad students participating in the inaugural event. Dominique’s leadership also introduced Oktoberfest as one of the most attended social events for the year.
The previous leadership teams have continued Dominique’s great work. The success of the European Case Competition continued, with visitors from Belgium, Germany, Greece and Denmark coming to Darden in April 2005. The London trip was a success in November 2005 and was planned again for November 2006. This trip has been repeated every year and has successfully placed Darden students in finance and consulting roles. We hope to generate general management and marketing opportunities too. This event will bring together alumni and prospective students too.
Going forward, we hope to increase the membership of the society and encourage more European students to apply to Darden. If you are interested in learning more about ES@D or Darden, please contact any of us!
- Hometown: Paris, France
- Undergraduate Institution: Ecole Spéciale Militaire de Saint-Cyr
- Undergraduate Major: Engineering
- Professional Experience: Military, Energy Consulting, Business Development
- Summer Internship: Corning, New Business Development, Strategy Analyst
Vice President, Careers/Admissions/Alumni
- Hometown: Belgrade, Serbia
- Undergraduate Institution: University of Megatrend, Faculty of Geo-economics
- Undergraduate Major: BA in Economics
- Professional Experience: Travel Industry, General Management and Consulting
- Summer Internship: PWC, Consulting Advisory
||Jose Francisco de Seabra Andrade Lopes Martins
Vice President, Finance
- Hometown: Coimbra, Portugal
- Undergraduate Institution: Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Nova SBE
- Undergraduate Major: Economics
- Professional Experience: Portfolio Management and Buy-Side Equity Research
- Summer Internship: American Express
Vice President, Events
- Hometown: Kazan, Russia
- Undergraduate Institution: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Undergraduate Major: Economics
- Professional Experience: Financial Services, Product Management
- Summer Internship: Alcoa, Corporate Strategy Projects Consultant
Vice President, Job Treks
- Hometown: London, UK
- Undergraduate Institution: University of Edinburgh
- Undergraduate Major: Economics and Accounting
- Professional Experience: Finance
- Summer Internship: UBS Investment Banking
Vice President, Information & Technology
- Hometown: Veliki Preslav, Bulgaria
- Undergraduate Institution: University of National and World Economy
- Undergraduate Major: Tourism
- Professional Experience: Sales Management, Business Development
- Summer Internship: MobileWorks
"Although this organization has members who are University of Virginia students and may have University employees associated or engaged in its activities and affairs, the organization is not a part of or an agency of the University. It is a separate and independent organization which is responsible for and manages its own activities and affairs. The University does not direct, supervise or control the organization and is not responsible for the organization’s contracts, acts or omissions."