The 13th Annual Darden Finance Conference will be held on Thursday, October 17 – Friday, October 18 at Darden.
We are pleased to announce this year’s keynote speaker will be Rick Parsons, author of Broke: America's Banking System, Common Sense Ideas to Fix Banking in America. Since January 2012, Rick has authored or co-authored four articles about bank risk management in The RMA Journal as well as three articles for the American Banker, including "Stinging Frogs and Other Unintended Consequences" which the American Banker recognized as one of its top 10 BankThink articles for 2012. Prior to 2012, Rick spent more than 31 years with Bank of America and its predecessors, NationsBank and NCNB. Rick graduated from the Darden School of Business in 1980.
Additional conference speakers include:
- Dean Robert Bruner, Darden Graduate Business School
- Jim Cheng (D'87), Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade
- Lisa Genova (D’87), Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer
- Joseph Hershberger, Credit Suisse, Global Head of Asset Management
- Robert Huffines (D'92), J.P. Morgan Investment Bank, Vice Chairman
- William C. Mott J (D’79), Berkeley Point Capital, Managing Director
- Nick Sargen, Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Chief Investment Officer
For directions to Grounds, please see the Maps & Directions page.
For more information on the 2013 conference, please e-mail Lizzie Gotimer or Jon Payne, Finance Conference Co-Chairs, 2013.
2013 Finance Conference Sponsors
We would like to thank the following sponsor firms whose generous donations have helped make this event possible:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Credit Suisse
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P. Morgan Chase
- Sun Trust
- Wells Fargo
Special thanks to the following firms for providing additional sponsorship to select conference events:
- Evening Cocktail Reception, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Evening Networking Event at Boylan Heights, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Networking Lunch and Keynote Speaker, J.P. Morgan Chase