GLAD organizes social and educational events throughout the year, organizes diversity recruiting panels, partnering with the Darden community, other clubs (such as GWIB/DMA/DJSA/DCF and marketing clubs) and LGBT groups of the Law School, Medical School, and other UVA graduate programs.
Each February, GLAD organizes a community-wide event called Love is Love. Both LGBT students and allies wear t-shirts with messages that promote LGBT equality, and various events are held throughout the day/week. For a listing of the activities for the February 2013 events, please see the Love is Love page.
GLAD sends student members to the yearly Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference— a weekend-long event focused on providing networking opportunities for LGBT MBA students. The 2013 conference will be held in New Orleans from October 17-19.
GLAD officers also attend Reaching Out's Student Leadership Summit, where LGBT MBA student club leaders share ideas and best practices on visibility, outreach and awareness.
Events for Prospective Students:
- Darden takes part in the MBA Admissions Fair at the Reaching Out MBA Conference
- GLAD members are working with the Admissions Office to create additional LGBT-focused Admissions events.
- GLAD held LGBT-specific recruiting events in New York and Washington DC during Fall 2012
- GLAD's faculty advisor and other Admissions officers participate in Inside the MBA's LGBT admissions panels in New York, San Francisco and Boston
- GLAD student members host Coffee Chats in cities across the U.S.
- *Prospective Students are welcome to turn to the VP of Admissions using the Board Members page with any question.