The Brand Challenge will be held in PepsiCo Forum.
Marketing Club’s biggest community event –the Brand Challenge– brings together over 400 students, faculty, family, and members of the Charlottesville community for an evening of discovering the newest products on the market and providing feedback on a variety of brands’ latest innovations. This past year, participants tested everything from pizza and tea to cars, mouthwash, shoes and tablets. The Brand Challenge is an educational and entertaining event that excites students about careers in brand management and familiarizes them with issues surrounding product positioning and market research.
How The Brand Challenge Works
Partnering with a Brand Challenge Team Would Include:
- 1 – 3 conference calls with the student team
- Briefing the student team on the business challenge to be researched
- An example might be how a product is perceived vs. a competitive product
- Possibly donating product and/or sending coupons to team to purchase product
- Please note that this is not a requirement
The teams will begin working on their projects in October and will conduct their research at the Brand Challenge on Friday, November 16, 2012.
If you are interested in having a team working with your brand, please contact Johnny Tran or Caitlin Wampler:
Companies involved in the 2012 Brand Challenge include:
- Johnson & Johnson
- General Mills
- World Wildlife Fund
- Best Buy
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- T. Rowe Price
- E&J Gallo