Darden’s Turnaround & Restructuring Club pragmatically dovetails the school’s strong finance, consulting, general management and leadership development curriculum with a natural industry fit. The Turnaround & Restructuring Club charter is to foster financial and operational restructuring careers by providing both a knowledge and skills development program, coupled with professional networking and employment opportunities.
- To provide a forum for industry awareness and continuous learning for Darden students and faculty who are interested in the specialized field of corporate restructuring.
- To raise the profile of Darden within the restructuring industry by creating and fostering lasting relationships with companies, professionals and alumni in the industry.
- To establish and strengthen on-Grounds recruiting within restructuring by linking the Career Development Center to the industry and educating students of career options.
- To create an interdisciplinary link between Darden, the University of Virginia Law School and UVA McIntire School of Business regarding bankruptcy law and corporate recovery.
- To coordinate with other clubs in areas of common interest.
Club Membership Benefits
- New York City Job Trek
- Opportunities to work with distressed businesses
- Inter-business school case competition
- Collaboration with other professional schools
- Practical and tactical skill development
- Interaction with industry experts
- Résumé book and employer access
- Interaction with UVA Law and UVA McIntire School
Although this organization has members who are University of Virginia students and may have University employees associated or engaged in its activities and affairs, the organization is not a part of or an agency of the University. It is a separate and independent organization which is responsible for and manages its own activities and affairs. The University does not direct, supervise or control the organization and is not responsible for the organization’s contracts, acts or omissions.