In today's turbulent investing environment — driven by new, geopolitical forces — where can asset managers find attractive returns?
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business Center for Asset Management will host the sixth annual University of Virginia Investing Conference 14-15 November 2013.
Asset management experts, convened by Darden's top-ranked faculty, will gather to analyze the global investing landscape, which is shaped more than ever before by politics and policy - making it difficult to predict what's next in macroeconomics.
"We'll probe innovations and investment ideas that could help investors respond proactively to current conditions," said Darden's Dean Bob Bruner.
While considering broad, macro issues, the speakers and panelists will add micro insights and discuss strategies for asset allocation, investment selection and risk management.
Guest speakers will include:
- Joyce Chang, Global Head of Fixed Income Research, JP Morgan Securities LLC
- Richard Chilton, Chairman & CEO, Chilton Investment Company
- Tony Crescenzi, Executive Vice President, Market Strategist and Portfolio Manager, PIMCO
- Howard Marks, Chairman, Oaktree
- Jason DeSena Trennert, Managing Partner, Chairman & CEO, Strategas Research Partners LLC
Industry experts will take a close look at three topics:
- Endowments with Larry Kochard, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, University of Virginia Investment Management Company; Alice Handy, Founder and President, Investure; Scott Malpass, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, University of Notre Dame; and D. Ellen Shuman, Former Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Carnegie Corporation
- Technology with Shelby Bonnie, Managing Director of Allen & Company; Henry Ellenbogen, Portfolio Manager, T. Rowe Price; Scott Ferber, Chief Executive Officer, Videology; and Ned Hooper (MBA `94), Partner, Centerview Capital
- Energy with Kyle Bass, Managing Partner, Hayman Capital Management LP; Jody LaNasa, Managing Partner, Serengeti Asset Management; Alex Szewcyzk, Managing Partner, BP Natural Gas Opportunity Partners LP; and Wil VanLoh, President and Chief Executive Officer, Quantum Energy Partners
Bloomberg TV will be the exclusive television broadcaster. Corporate sponsors include: American Civics Exchange; Discovery; Collegiate Capital Management Inc.; Fort Washington Investment Advisors Inc.; Quantitative Investment Management; Sands Capital; Wilkinson O'Grady Global Asset Management; and T. Rowe Price.
The event is open to the public; registration fees apply.
About the Darden School of Business
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business is one of the world's leading business schools, offering MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Education programs. The unique Darden experience combines the case study method, top-ranked faculty whose research advances global managerial practice and business education, and a tight-knit learning environment to develop responsible and complete leaders who are ready to make an impact.
About the Darden Center for Asset Management
The Darden Center for Asset Management (CAM) serves as a hub of thought leadership and professional development for faculty, students, alumni and business practitioners in the field of asset management. The center prepares future leaders for the industry and delivers a steady stream of research exploring the full spectrum of asset classes in this important field: equities, fixed income, cash, currency, real estate, infrastructure, hedge funds and private equity.
Sharing via social media? Please tag us: @DardenMBA on Twitter, UVA Darden School of Business on Facebook.