Company Briefings | Office Hours | Networking Nights | First Coffee | Football
A company briefing gives your company a chance to create a brand image, communicate your company's culture, market job opportunities and network with students. This fall, company briefings will be scheduled on dedicated recruiting days, 24-26 September and 5-7 November. This will give students the opportunity to focus on career activities, reducing the conflict between academic and career demands. This will also allow more time for companies to schedule additional brand-building opportunities in conjunction with a company briefing. Each company is allotted a total of 45 minutes for their briefing. A $200 company briefing fee will include a lunch networking reception for company representatives, students and faculty from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., eliminating the need for companies to arrange for catering during their briefing.
There are a variety of ways that companies can promote their briefings. Contact your Employer Relations Manager (ERM) to discuss these options.
- Place an advertisement in CCC for your company briefings in the Cold Call Chronicle, Darden’s bimonthly student newspaper. For details on rates and advertising deadlines, call +1-434-982-2395. Send an electronic advertisement to student clubs via your ERM.
- Collaborate with relevant clubs to build awareness and advertise an upcoming visit to Darden.
Darden’s Company Giveaway Policy
In support of Darden’s vision to be a zero-waste, carbon-neutral enterprise by 2020, we will no longer accept shipments of company product. Students surveyed about company giveaways reported that they felt giveaways were unnecessary. Companies wishing to distribute brand-related items may bring small tokens to Darden the day of the event.
Darden has been recognized as being a Top 16 green business school by the Princeton Review/Entrepreneur Magazine (March, 2011) and we appreciate your support of this important part of our mission. Rather than giving students promotional items, companies are encouraged to interact with Darden students by:
- Distributing or emailing a one-page information sheet which includes company contacts, important company specific deadlines for recruiting events (these would have to be brought to Darden by the recruiting team the day of the event.)
- Supporting Darden student clubs and organizations
- Distributing coupons for company products
Darden joins other top MBA programs in finding more sustainable ways for companies to interact with and build their brand with our students. Thank you for helping to support our vision to be a zero-waste, carbon-neutral enterprise by 2020!
Office Hours are an additional way to get to know Darden students. Recruiters can meet with students who drop in with informal questions about the company. Office Hours will be held in public places with a minimum student/company representative ratio of two to one.
In response to student feedback, we now require two weeks lead time to schedule sign-up office hours and/or workshops. This will allow students time to plan their schedules accordingly and ensure better participation.
We have scheduled separate networking nights for First Year and Second Year students. During Networking Nights company representatives meet with students to discuss available opportunities and share insights and experiences. These events are held in the Abbott Center Auditorium Lobby from 6:15 – 8:15 p.m. There is a $400 per company fee to cover the cost of food and drinks. Refer to the Recruiting Timetable for scheduling options.
Sponsored First Coffee
First Coffee is a tradition dating back to the School’s founding 50 years ago and epitomizes Darden’s community spirit. Every morning after first class, at 9:30 a.m., students, faculty, staff and visitors gather to share a cup of coffee and socialize. As a sponsor, your company is recognized with signage at the event. It is also a great opportunity for company representatives to attend and experience the Darden Community. Please note that sponsorship is not available during dedicated recruiting days.
Sponsored Football Tailgates
Companies have the opportunity to join the action of Virginia football by sponsoring one of Darden’s Virginia Football Tailgates, offered at each home game throughout the season. Tailgates provide a unique informal networking opportunity during the fall recruiting season, and are a great way to connect with First Year and Second Year students. Please contact Genie Ko to plan your tailgate.
Sponsorships are $3,000, and include
- Exclusive sponsorship of tailgate for selected game date, including the opportunity to display signage, branding and promotional items
- Informal networking time with 100–200 Darden students and alumni
- Transportation from Darden to the tailgate
- 4 tickets to the game (seats on the 40-yard line)
- Catered food and beverage
- $2,640 tax deduction
- Hospitality coordinator to manage your pre-event and on-site needs
2013 Virginia Football Home Games
Saturday, August 31 – BYU Cougars
Saturday, September 7 – Oregon Ducks
Saturday, September 21 – VMI Keydets
Saturday, October 5 – Ball State Cardinals
Saturday, October 19 – Duke Blue Devils
Saturday, October 26 – Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Saturday, November 2 – Clemson Tigers
Saturday, November 30 – Virginia Tech Hokies