Darden will participate in three graduation events this May.
- A Student Awards Capstone Event for the full-time MBA Class of 2021 will be held on Darden Grounds in Charlottesville on 7 May. Learn more.
- Final Exercises for the Class of 2020 will start at UVA's historic Lawn and conclude in Scott Stadium on 16 May. Read below for details.
- Final Exercises for the MBA Class of 2021 will start at UVA's historic Lawn and conclude in Scott Stadium on 23 May. Learn more.
Class of 2020 Final Exercises: Sunday, 16 May
Final Exercises for the Class of 2020 will be held in Scott Stadium at 10am on 16 May, 2021. Additionally, a reunion-style social event will be held on Grounds for the class in the summer of 2022.
For a complete schedule, including when you should arrive at the Rotunda for the start of the procession, please see the UVA Schedule of Events. Guests can watch the procession on the state-of-the-art Hoo Vision video board in the stadium and should be in their seats before the Class of 2020 reaches Scott Stadium. Seating at the stadium will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
All graduates must have a ticket to enter Scott Stadium. You can reserve your ticket and up to two guest tickets for the ceremony now, and the deadline to claim your ticket and any guest tickets is Sunday, 2 May. Neither you nor your guests will be able to attend the ceremony if you do not claim tickets during this window of time.
- Tickets will be offered through the UVAShots.com system that has provided tickets for Virginia basketball, baseball, soccer, and lacrosse games this year.
- If you have a UVAShots.com account that you’ve used in the past year, enter your email address/student ID and password from your student ticketing account.
- If you have not previously registered for your student ticketing account on UVAShots.com using your student ID number, please register here.
- If you need help in creating your UVAShots.com account, please contact [email protected].
Once you have logged in to your account, you can claim your ticket and reserve up to two guest tickets. For guests unable to attend, the ceremony will be livestreamed.
All tickets will be delivered electronically by Wednesday, 12 May. Your ticket is not transferable, but your guest tickets can be sent to your guests by forwarding the ticket email or by transferring them through your UVAShots.com account. Please note that screenshots of tickets will not work!
If you or your guests do not have smartphones, please contact [email protected] to make other arrangements to attend the ceremony.
If financial constraints pose an obstacle for returning to Grounds for the 16 May ceremony, monetary assistance is available. The Hoos Coming Back Fund was established by generous alumni who wanted to ensure all members of the Class of 2020 were able to return for the rescheduled Final Exercises. Visit the Alumni Association’s Hoos Coming Back Fund page to apply. Funds will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be awarded up to $500 per alum.