Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze your firm’s positioning, develop competitive advantage and recommend your firm’s value proposition.
This course is part of the three-course series to earn your Strategy Essentials Specialization.
Led by strategy thought leaders Jared Harris and Michael Lenox, this six-week online course delves into the proven theories and strategic frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy.
Through analysis, practice with strategy tools, forum discussions and peer review, you'll develop a clear understanding of the competitive environment and your organization's position.
You'll get hands-on practice using different analysis tools and exercises, including SWOT/Competitor/Environmental Analysis, Five Forces, Capabilities Analyses, and Strategy Maps.
- Introduction to Strategic Analysis
- Analyzing Industry Structure
- Analyzing Firm Capabilities
- Determining Competitive Position
- Stakeholder Strategy
- International Strategy
Impact & Outcomes
- Perform SWOT, competitor, and environmental analysis
- Complete a capabilities analysis
- Use various analyses to guide decision making
- Assess an industry's structure and how the competitive dynamics in an industry affect profitability
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of four generic competitive positions
- Executives and managers looking for a refresher to help tackle strategic challenges at their organizations
- Emerging leaders looking to improve their ability to articulate and understand strategy and position themselves for advancement
How do I register?
You can register for this program by completing a registration form linked from the “Register now” button on this page. Payment is due upon registration. We accept payment online from American Express, MasterCard and Visa. You'll receive a confirmation email after we receive your registration.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, we do. Our participants report that they learn and sustain change better when enrolling in a Darden course with others from their organizations. We support team learning with a 10% tuition reduction for groups of ten (10) or more. Submit your request for group pricing through the inquiry form on this page.