Develop your ability to think strategically, analyze your firm’s positioning, develop competitive advantage and recommend your firm’s value proposition.
We are committed to providing rich, accessible learning opportunities to pursue your lifelong learning and career goals during this challenging time — and always. To encourage online learning and ongoing development, we’re offering the first session of this course at a special introductory price of $199. Register for the 8 June–19 July 2020 session to receive this price.
This course is part of the three-course series to earn your Strategy Essentials Specialization.
Led by strategy thought leaders Jared Harris and Michael Lenox, this six-week online course delves into the proven theories and strategic frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy.
Through analysis, practice with strategy tools, forum discussions and peer review, you'll develop a clear understanding of the competitive environment and your organization's position.
You'll get hands-on practice using different analysis tools and exercises, including SWOT/Competitor/Environmental Analysis, Five Forces, Capabilities Analyses, and Strategy Maps.
- Introduction to Strategic Analysis
- Analyzing Industry Structure
- Analyzing Firm Capabilities
- Determining Competitive Position
- Stakeholder Strategy
- International Strategy
Impact & Outcomes
- Perform SWOT, competitor, and environmental analysis
- Complete a capabilities analysis
- Use various analyses to guide decision making
- Assess an industry's structure and how the competitive dynamics in an industry affect profitability
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of four generic competitive positions
- Executives and managers looking for a refresher to help tackle strategic challenges at their organizations
- Emerging leaders looking to improve their ability to articulate and understand strategy and position themselves for advancement
How do I register?
You can register for this program by completing a registration form linked from the “Register now” button on this page. Payment is due upon registration. We accept payment online from American Express, MasterCard and Visa. You'll receive a confirmation email after we receive your registration.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, we do. Our participants report that they learn and sustain change better when enrolling in a Darden course with others from their organizations. We support team learning with a 10% tuition reduction for groups of ten (10) or more. Submit your request for group pricing through the inquiry form on this page.