Develop a strategic plan designed to help your organization thrive through market changes and industry disruption.
This course is part of the three-course series to earn your noncredit Certificate in Business Strategy.
Led by strategy thought leaders Jared Harris and Michael Lenox, this six-week online course explores the intricacies of competitive dynamics, corporate strategy, international strategy and non-market strategies.
To earn your Certificate in Business Strategy, you will also need to complete these two courses:
While it is not required that you take these courses in a specific order, it is strongly recommended that you start with Strategy Analysis, as it will provide foundational building blocks that will assist you in the other two courses.
Boost your ability to analyze strategy across time, industries, geographies and institutions. Gain the tools you need to complete a comprehensive evaluation and understand the strategy dynamics of an industry: Competitive Lifecycle, Internationalization and Stakeholder Analyses, and Diversification Matrices. You'll apply these tools and your new insights with industry leaders such as Disney, Orascom Telecom Holding, Sony, and GE Healthcare India.
Impact & Outcomes
- Understand the dynamics of competition, the competitive life cycle, and how to develop strategies to survive and thrive through industry disruption
- Learn how businesses compete across industries, the value of being in different markets, and the right degree of diversification
- Uncover the best internationalization strategies
- Discover how, where, and when to enter foreign markets, and foreign direct investment
- Boost your knowledge of stakeholder management and how engaging with non-capital stakeholders can create value
- Executives and managers looking for a refresher to help tackle strategic challenges at their organizations
- Emerging leaders looking to improve their ability to articulate and understand strategy and position themselves for advancement
Continuing Education Credit
Participants earn two (2) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of this course.
How do I register?
You can register for this program by completing a registration form linked from the “Register now” button on this page. Payment is due upon registration. We accept payment online from American Express, MasterCard and Visa. You'll receive a confirmation email after we receive your registration.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, we do. Our participants report that they learn and sustain change better when enrolling in a Darden course with others from their organizations. We support team learning with a 10% tuition reduction for groups of ten (10) or more. Submit your request for group pricing through the inquiry form on this page.
Request a Consultation
Please complete the following to submit a request for consultation about this program or to discuss your development needs.