Darden Social Media Policy
Social Media Post & Comment Policy
We encourage open discussion about the topics we post but we do reserve the right to moderate discussion on the UVA Darden School social media accounts and to remove posts that contain:
- Profane or obscene content
- Off-topic content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination against protected classes
- Sexual harassment content
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Spam or comments that include links to external online sites
- Solicitations of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement
- Promotions of particular services, products or political candidates or organizations
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
Violators may have their comments removed from Darden’s social media platforms. Continued or egregious violations of this policy may prompt Darden to further restrict an individual’s commenting on Darden social media platforms. In certain situations, the poster, as well as the content, may be reported to authorities, depending on the nature of the content.
Posts that refer to specific individuals or offices within the Darden community as part of a complaint, concern, or compliment will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the circumstances, at the discretion of page administrators, the post or comment may be removed.
The UVA Darden School is not responsible for the content posted by participants on any of its pages, nor does its existence constitute endorsement of the content by Darden.
Participants understand that they are ultimately responsible for the content they post, and as such, understand legal issues may arise from the content they post, and that Darden is not responsible for those outcomes.