What We Mean When We Say "Darden"
About Darden - HomepageValues Create Value.
At the UVA Darden School of Business, our mission is to improve the world by developing responsible leaders through unparalleled transformational learning experiences. Through degree and non-degree programs, delivered by the world’s best faculty and bolstered by their research and ideas, we put your personal purpose in motion, setting the stage for a lifetime of career advancement and impact.
A Purpose-driven Education.
In an era of rapid change, what you know can obsolesce quickly. How you learn is key to effective leadership in the future. Darden’s purpose-driven, rigorous education — supported by case-method and experiential learning — combined with its tight-knit community, prepare leaders as catalysts for business and social transformation.
A four-pillared philosophy guides our approach:
Our spontaneous yet deliberate learning experience cultivates confidence and resilience in the face of uncertainty.
The collaborative, learner-centered culture fosters high intellectual and emotional engagement with faculty and peers.
A dedication to honor, purpose and lifelong learning anchors Darden’s diverse and inclusive community.
We are committed to inspire and shape modern business leadership worldwide through research, thought leadership and access to transformational learning solutions.
Programs That Power Lasting Impact
- Full-Time MBA (includes the Future Year Scholars Program)
- Part-Time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Master of Science in Business Analytics, delivered in collaboration with the UVA McIntire School of Commerce
Executive Education & Lifelong Learning
- The Executive Program: Strategic Leadership at the Top
- Custom solutions for organizations
- Open programs for individuals
- Partnership for Leaders in Education, delivered with UVA School of Education and Human Development
- Online courses
Get to Know Us.
- The dean. Scott C. Beardsley serves as Darden's ninth dean. Visit the Dean's Office.
- The faculty. Routinely recognized as the best in the world for their teaching excellence and curricular innovation, Darden's 85+ faculty leverages its commitment and connection to business for near-term impact.
- The staff. 300 talented individuals steer our global and dynamic organization. Join them at Jobs at Darden.
- The leadership. Darden's School leadership and alumni volunteers work together to make the School the best it can be. Meet the leadership.
- The strategic plan. The Darden Worldwide 2026 strategic plan seeks to reach the full potential of Darden’s mission.
- The campaign. Darden’s historic Powered by Purpose campaign honors the future and elevates the world’s best education experience.
Advancing Business Knowledge
A world leader in business ethics, leadership and general management, Darden creates the future of business. World-changing ideas like effectuation for entrepreneurs, stakeholder management and the ethical approach of Giving Voice to Values, among many others, have roots here at Darden.
Inclusive and Sustainable Excellence
This community-wide initiative aims to position Darden as the business school of choice for women interested in management education.
No. 1 Best Education Experience in the U.S. (The Economist, 2011-19)
No. 1 Faculty (The Princeton Review, 2017-21)
No. 1 Satisfaction With MBA Education (Forbes, 2017-18)
No. 1 U.S. Public MBA Program for Average Starting Salary & Bonus (U.S. News & World Report, 2017-21)
No. 1 MBA Program for General Management (Financial Times, 2012-17, 2019)
No. 1 MBA Program for Consulting (The Princeton Review, 2018, 2021)
Darden's Full-Time MBA is ranked in the Top 10 by Bloomberg Businessweek. In 2021, The Princeton Review ranked Darden in the Top 10 in 11 categories — more than any other business school.
Need More Reasons to Choose Darden?
Introducing The Forum Hotel
The Forum Hotel Kimpton at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business at Charlottesville
Located on the University of Virginia's verdant North Grounds, within a five-acre arboretum with global botanical gardens, The Forum Hotel offers opportunities to connect, reflect and learn together throughout the boutique property and captures the essence of the beautiful town of Charlottesville, Virginia.
What's New? What's Now?
Sign up for our monthly newsletters to get Darden news, events and ideas delivered to your inbox.