Today's executives face challenges and opportunities that extend beyond the enterprise — across industries and around the world. Confronting the challenges and embracing these opportunities require more than training and expertise. It requires a strategic perspective, informed judgment and a global vision for what’s possible. Join Darden for an advanced management experience like no other, a complete immersion into the principles, habits and perspectives of transformational leaders that will provide a higher view for how you lead your organization in today’s complex, ever-changing world.
- In-Person Immersion Module #1:
5–17 December 2021 (Charlottesville location)
- In-Person Immersion Module #2:
5–17 June 2022 (Darden DC Metro & Charlottesville locations)
- Virtual intersession modules will be hosted before and between the in-person modules.
Check out a virtual panel discussion about TEP, hosted by the faculty team.
To meet the evolving needs of today's executives, TEP's intensive learning journey features virtual learning and in-person modules, extending the learning journey to provide support and guidance as you gain powerful global perspectives and implement new, strategic insights to drive growth for your organization. And in-person modules will include sessions, workshops and guest speakers at Darden's locations in Charlottesville, VA and the Washington, D.C., area.
Your TEP experience will be a shared one, connecting with engaged faculty as well as senior executives from diverse industries around the world. Our proven experiential approach focuses on the whole leader to discover what inspires and drives you from the inside out and beyond.
- Engage with faculty and members of your learning team throughout the program to discuss and explore personalized new possibilities for yourself and your organization
- Analyze real-life business situations and become a better leader by asking the right questions, thinking strategically and offering solutions-sharpened by the perspective of colleagues and their executive leadership experience.
- Apply new concepts to your current position and identify a personal or organizational challenge that will serve as the basis for a project that you will work on throughout the program to develop a customized plan of action.
- Engage in enrichment activities and workshops chosen by you and your peers. You'll expand on classroom concepts with topics like design thinking, financial management, entrepreneurship, or government and politics.
- Improve your peak performance through a stamina-building wellness program that includes cognitive fitness best practices, structured exercise opportunities, and a personalized wellness profile with risk ratings and recommendations for health improvement, so you can ensure that your physical, mental and psychological strengths serve you well during the program and the rest of your life.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Pre-reading Case Studies
- Intro webinar
- Wellness Surveys
- 360 assessment
- Prepare materials for first three days of each residency prior to arrival
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
TEP's extended learning journey includes both virtual and residential modules:
- Opening Online Module - Meet the TEP faculty, share your personal and organizational challenges and goals, and prepare for your TEP experience
- In-Person Immersive Module #1 - Hosted at Darden's location in Charlottesville
- In-Person Immersive Module #2 - Hosted at Darden's locations in both Charlottesville and the Washington, D.C., area
- Virtual Intersession Modules - Executive 1:1 coaching, asynchronous classwork, a live touchpoint with the whole group, and peer group feedback on your project.
Each year, the UVA Darden School Foundation awards a limited number of Dean’s Scholarships to outstanding leaders who would benefit from participating in TEP. Our commitment to lifelong learning extends to all learners, and we want to encourage leaders who may need financial assistance in order to participate in this transformational program to apply for the Dean’s Scholarship.
Connect with the TEP Program Director, Katie Wiesel, to apply for the scholarship.
Impact & Outcomes
As a result of participating in this program, you will be able to:
- More effectively lead from purpose, vision and values
- Apply a strategic mindset to skillfully envision and communicate an enterprise strategy and desired future
- Leverage an enterprise perspective to integrate across functions and foster a results orientation throughout the organization
- Demonstrate a global orientation to decision making and systems thinking
- Enhance your personal well-being by more effectively balancing mental and physical demands with organizational imperatives
“Rare opportunity to step out of your regular life to learn, reflect and engage with a diverse group of people on the importance and responsibilities of leadership and how to create value where it matters most.”
This program is designed for senior-level executives with more than twelve years of experience in significant management roles. Of the more than 4,000 executives who have graduated from this program, many represent Fortune 100 companies. Approximately 60% of TEP participants also have advanced degrees.
Executives in The Executive Program are selected for their outstanding leadership capabilities. As you share perspectives in the classroom, you will gain insights that will provide more breadth and depth to your own point of view.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Isidore Horween Research Associate Professor of Business Administration, Associate Dean for Washington, D.C., Area Initiatives and Academic Director of Public Policy and Entrepreneurship
Professor of Business Administration, Peter M. Grant II Bicentennial Foundation Chair in Business Administration
Director of Executive Education Wellness Programs
In addition to networking with a diverse group of leaders during your TEP experience, TEP graduates are also connected to the 16,000+ Darden alumni in over 90 countries around the world. As such, you receive many of the same benefits, including:
- Alumni Directory (alumni.darden.edu)
- Lifetime Darden email address
- Monthly webinars with faculty
- Alumni chapter events around the world (excluding MBA alumni/admissions receptions)
- Access to Darden's case collection
- Alumni Career Services online toolkit
- Alumni newsletters and messages from the School
- Executive Education - 25% discount on short programs
- The Darden Report magazine (bi-annually)
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 85.0
- Fields of Study: Business Management and Organization, Personal Development
- Program Level: Advanced
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
During the in-person modules of The Executive Program, you will have the opportunity to learn and explore at Darden's locations in Charlottesville and in the Washington, D.C., area:
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Darden DC Metro
1100 Wilson Boulevard
Accommodations & Transportation
Accommodations will be provided for all participants as part of your program fee.
During the in-person modules at UVA Darden in Charlottesville, participants will stay at:
Residence Inn Charlottesville Downtown
315 W Main St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Darden will also provide free daily shuttle service between the hotel and Darden Grounds throughout the course of the program.
During the in-person week at UVA Darden DC Metro, participants will stay at:
Hyatt Centric Arlington
1325 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia, 22209
Application Process & Tuition
Admission is by application only.
Tuition is $39,950 and includes materials, meals and accommodations.
Participants represent a broad range of backgrounds - industries, geographic locations, organizational size and professional responsibilities are considered. Although the number of participants from any one organization may be limited, firms are encouraged to send more than one executive. Admission is based on consultation among the three parties concerned: the nominating company, the applicant and a committee of the TEP faculty that evaluates the candidate's application. Notice of confirmed admission to TEP will be sent as soon as the process is complete.
A candidate's suitability should be discussed with one of our directors prior to internal company discussions and participant's application.
- A company may request a reservation before nominating a specific applicant.
- Nomination of a participant must be originated by the participant's organization.
- Completed applications will be handled on a "first come" basis.
- Enrollment is limited. Early application is encouraged.
- Online application
Once your application has been reviewed and upon acceptance into the program, a 50% deposit is required to secure your registration.