The University of Virginia Investing conference is held annually at Darden and investigates the lessons of the past as well as the possibilities of the future.
Information on the upcoming 2019 conference will be posted shortly.
The 11th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC) took place at UVA’s Darden School of Business, 8–9 November 2018. UVIC served as a cornerstone of the UVA-wide programming dedicated to reflecting on the 10th anniversary of the global financial crisis. This year’s speakers and program looked to both the past and the future, and focused on what we have learned since the crisis unfolded and what we need to know moving forward. The conference was hosted by Darden's Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management and the UVA McIntire School of Commerce Center for Investors and Financial Markets.
- Read the synopsis
The 10th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference explored the current economic and political landscape, discussed the history of economic booms and market collapses, identified opportunities in a changing active-passive setting and explored alternative asset classes such as real estate and hedge funds.
The conference built on a record-setting year in 2016 by hosting the full [email protected] Investing Challenge and also hosted a leading women in investing breakfast with Darden School Foundation Board of Trustees Chair, Elizabeth Weymouth (MBA ‘94) and President and CEO of Investure, Alice Handy.
A single question dominated the ninth annual University of Virginia Investing Conference: Now what?
After an unprecedented U.S. presidential election produced Donald Trump as president-elect, conference speakers and audience members alike wanted to know what’s next for the U.S. economy, global markets and equity investments.
2016 Highlights included a Darden @Virginia Investing Challenge that welcomed a record 18 schools and the first-ever Darden Capital Management (and Darden school) Facebook Live streaming interviews, and interviews with speakers conducted by students. For those who missed the conference, some recap appeared across different channels:
- Broad conference overview, featuring video interviews with Steve Rattner and Jerome Booth available here
- A WSJ podcast featuring an interview with the winning team at the Darden @ Virginia Investing Challenge
- An in-depth ‘Ideas to Action’ Piece recaps some of the broader global geopolitical panel takeaways
- Facebook Live interviews with Darden Capital Management students now on the school’s FB page
- The Role of the Active Investor Ideas to Action piece.
The 8th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC) focused on investing in a low-return world. Financial analysts, portfolio managers, economists, academics, students, private investors and industry executives joined together to hear from knowledgable speakers and panelists with diverse insights and backgrounds.
The 7th annual University of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC) focused on the ideas needed to invest successfully in the innovation economy. As disruptive innovation shakes up industries at an accelerating pace, investors must excel at identifying true innovation and understanding its investment implications.
At UVIC, Darden's top-ranked faculty convened global thought leaders and hundreds of professional asset managers and discussed the following questions:
- What factors will drive future growth?
- What do the answers imply for the classic tasks of investors: asset selection, portfolio allocation and risk management?
- Which new products will truly revolutionize an industry?
- What's ahead in digital health care, cybersecurity, energy, technology and monetary policy?