WHAT IS VP(x)? Through VP(x), the Batten Institute provides select Darden students and UVA alumni with enhanced support for developing ideas for new ventures.
- Proposal development assistance, including establishing meaningful learning objectives and measurable outcomes
- Faculty advising for venturing independent studies
- Regular milestone coaching and ongoing check-ins
- Feedback on deliverables
- Mentorship for validating, iterating and advancing the venture project, consistent with academic requirements
WHO'S IT FOR? VP(x) is for current Darden Second Year students pursuing their own venture idea via an independent study and a select number of UVA alumni pursuing ventures.
WHEN IS IT? Applications are due as follows:
MBA Program (SY): (Q2) 15 October 2021, (Q3) 5 January 2021, (Q4) 11 March 2021
EMBA Program*: (Q7) 6 August 2021, (Q8) 1 October 2021, (Q9) 17 December 2021, (Q10) 11 February 2022
*Please indicate interest in applying for the VP(x) EMBA Program by reaching out to Jason Brewster or Robyn Swift.
WHERE IS IT? Currently all meetings are taking place virtually.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Residential MBA Students should complete the Independent Study Proposal Form.
- Executive MBA Students should complete the EMBA Independent Study Proposal Form.
- Alumni applicants should contact Robyn Swift.