Break through your messiest business problems and innovation challenges with a practical approach to uncovering creative insights and new solutions.
- Decrease the risk and costs of your organization’s projects.
- Gather insights from your customers/stakeholders to test assumptions early and prototype new concepts.
- Develop solutions that improve profits, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
In Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving, you’ll bypass artistic abstraction and use design as a practical, everyday process to spur innovation and organic organizational growth.
- Learn how designers use big-idea thinking to make faster and smarter progress toward their goals-and how you can do it without strong intuition or a creative bent.
- Discover why traditional critical reasoning can actually increase the risk of innovation and cost of problem solving.
- Practice learning launches to make quick, meaningful decisions about moving new concepts forward.
- Reduce the new launch unknowns to a concrete list of challenges you can solve with existing resources.
- Generate new offerings and services based on the needs and suggestions of your customers/clients.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes case study readings. The selected case studies will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Outcomes & Impact
- A 15-step process designed to solve one of your real-life challenges
- A disciplined approach to brainstorming and the 10 steps to follow to get new ideas off the whiteboard and into production
- Ways to resolve conflict during ideation and growth and adapt your design process when business conditions demand it
- Ways to road test the growth potential of new ideas so you can minimize the risks and maximize the rewards inherent in growth and change
- Stronger innovation skills and the ability to enhance them in others
- Four communication aids that translate design thinking into your organization’s established project management process
Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Management. Complete this program, then earn three additional credits for a total of four credits to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for leaders in both commercial and social sectors who want to bring their organizations to the forefront of innovation and be more successful at problem-solving. It’s especially helpful for those who need to lead teams and cross-functional units in problem-solving initiatives and next-level growth ideation.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 20.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving is hosted at UVA Darden DC Metro in the Rosslyn district of Arlington.
Darden School of Business
1100 Wilson Boulevard
As a participant of this program, materials and some meals are included in your program fee. Recommended accommodations located near the Darden DC Metro facility include: