Break through your messiest business problems and innovation challenges with a practical approach to uncovering creative insights and new solutions.
- Decrease the risk and costs of your organization’s projects.
- Gather insights from your customers/stakeholders to test assumptions early and prototype new concepts.
- Develop solutions that improve profits, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
In Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving, you’ll bypass artistic abstraction and use design as a practical, everyday process to spur innovation and organic organizational growth.
- Learn how designers use big-idea thinking to make faster and smarter progress toward their goals-and how you can do it without strong intuition or a creative bent.
- Discover why traditional critical reasoning can actually increase the risk of innovation and cost of problem solving.
- Practice learning launches to make quick, meaningful decisions about moving new concepts forward.
- Reduce the new launch unknowns to a concrete list of challenges you can solve with existing resources.
- Generate new offerings and services based on the needs and suggestions of your customers/clients.
Outcomes & Impact
- A 15-step process designed to solve one of your real-life challenges
- A disciplined approach to brainstorming and the 10 steps to follow to get new ideas off the whiteboard and into production
- Ways to resolve conflict during ideation and growth and adapt your design process when business conditions demand it
- Ways to road test the growth potential of new ideas so you can minimize the risks and maximize the rewards inherent in growth and change
- Stronger innovation skills and the ability to enhance them in others
- Four communication aids that translate design thinking into your organization’s established project management process
Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Management. Complete this program, then earn three additional credits for a total of four credits to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for leaders in both commercial and social sectors who want to bring their organizations to the forefront of innovation and be more successful at problem-solving. It’s especially helpful for those who need to lead teams and cross-functional units in problem-solving initiatives and next-level growth ideation.
Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving is hosted at UVA Darden DC Metro in the Rosslyn district of Arlington.
Darden School of Business
1100 Wilson Boulevard
As a participant of this program, materials and some meals are included in your program fee. Recommended accommodations located near the Darden DC Metro facility include: