Get real-world experience with the tools and technologies available to analyze and interpret data, to create the powerful insights businesses need to take action.
This program is part of a three-program series designed to foster data-savvy organizations.
Presented by Darden Executive Education and UVA Data Science
Offered as part of a three-program series, Data Science in Action is led by thought leaders from both UVA Darden Executive Education and UVA Data Science, recognized as experts in data science techniques and tools, and the application of those in the modern business context.
The other two programs in this series are:
Each program may be taken as a stand alone course, or you may take all three programs to gain a unique and comprehensive perspective on data science in business.
This program will provide a better understanding of the terminology, concepts and tools commonly associated with data science as well as explore the latest research in analytics and the implications for the future.
- Focus on analytics through regression, data visualization, data mining, machine learning, and text analytics.
- Participate in case study and use case exercises designed to provide exposure to the practical application of methodologies and technologies used to store, process, and analyze data.
- Participate in a simulation connecting analytics to strategy.
Schedule and Session Topics
Each day of the program will run from approximately 8:30am-5:00pm. Sessions include:
- Data Visualization
- Tableau Demonstration
- Text Mining
- Simulation: Connecting Strategy & Analytics
- Machine Learning
Impact & Outcomes
- Apply insights to address challenges or opportunities facing your own organization.
- Understand how analytics and decision making are iterative processes, as each decision provides new data to analyze and interpret.
- Consider the problems data can present and how to overcome them.
- Discover innovative ways to address problems using data science techniques.
- Understand the lifelong learning approach required to stay current on the application of data science methods for business problems due to the rapidly changing nature of the technological landscape.
Designed for both business professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of data science and how it can help them in their current roles, and business leaders who are looking to create data-savvy teams and improve the performance of their departments and the company overall.
UVA Darden DC Metro
1100 Wilson Boulevard
Materials and some meals are included in your program fee.
Accommodations are not included in the program fee and should be arranged by the participant. Recommended accommodations include:
Hyatt Centric Arlington
1325 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia, 22209
Tel: +1 703 525 1234
Le Méridien Arlington
1121 North 19th Street, Arlington, VA 22209
Marriott Key Bridge
1401 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22209