Harness the power of data analytics to surface opportunity, guide innovation and frame complex decisions.
- Forecast probable outcomes of choices in unstable environments and quantify risks and rewards.
- Hone your awareness of what matters to your bottom line and transition from intuitive to data-driven thinking.
- Learn to recognize your unconscious preferences and practice using logic to make smarter, healthier and more profitable decisions.
This program counts towards the Specialization in Future-Ready Leadership.
Lead your organization to leverage a strategic data analytics function to create exceptional value for your organization. Leverage powerful tools and techniques in data science--such as artificial intelligence and machine learning--to become more competitive and dynamic in the face of constant disruption.
Extract Value from Data Analytics
- Learn what it takes to develop a culture based on analytics and when intuition plays a part
- Understand how to frame complex decisions to facilitate the use of analytics
- Use analytics to drive innovation
Increase Confidence in Forecasting
- Use data visualization to enhance understanding of results and projections
- Understand how machine learning can improve accuracy forecasting capability
- Feel more confident in your organization's forecasting methods and processes
Gain Competitive Advantage
Map out your data analytics ecosystem, from business intelligence to competitive monitoring, and determine how to apply them to key decision-making, such as your pricing strategy. Learn which data analytics tools best serve your needs.
- Recognizing the opportunities created by high volume and real time data
- Gathering intelligence for competitive advantage
- Responding in real time to market changes
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes case study readings. The selected case studies will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
This program provides useful insight into the factors that influence our decision making in our day-to-day experiences that helps us to take a step back and understand what information, or lack of information, is driving our reasoning.
Outcomes & Impact
- Closing the loop: from challenge to data analytics to solution(s)
- Leveraging and Building an effective Data Analytics team
- Overcoming organizational obstacles to the effective use of analytics
This program is designed for leaders who need to leverage data science to make their organization more competitive, identify opportunity and improve the quality of their decision-making amidst uncertainty and risk.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Internet Based
- CPE Credits: 18.0
- Fields of Study: Personal Development, Statistics
- Program Level: Intermediate
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The program is conducted entirely online through live Zoom sessions and on-demand assignments and exercises.