Presented by Darden Executive Education and S&P Global Market Intelligence
Sharpen your ability to assess risk, raise capital, conduct competitive analyses and make smart growth decisions for your organization.
- Navigate the risks inherent in bank finance, including strategic ALM, regulatory challenges, shifting interest rates, acquisitions and divestitures and increasing competition.
- Manage bank-wide change, motivate direct reports and inspire teams with values-driven communications.
- Make and defend difficult decisions with limited information and significant uncertainty.
In this program, Darden Executive Education partners with S&P Global Market Intelligence- the banking industry's leading provider of financial information and analytics - to combine leadership training with strategic, whole enterprise thinking and hands-on practice solving your daily business challenges.
- Explore the strategic decisions facing bank executives, including evaluating acquisitions and divestitures, implementing effective risk management, managing capital and liquidity, and addressing regulatory expectations.
- Review capital requirements, current debt and equity markets for banks and strategies for raising capital.
- Explore new ways of managing and reducing your bank's exposure to risk and practice scenario analyses in a workshop that will prepare you to turn results into action.
Take advantage of "early bird" pricing when you enroll by the following dates:
- Enroll by 6 December 2019: $6,995
- Enroll between 2 November 2019 - 3 January 2020: $7,495
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop best practices for your daily and long-term responsibilities, including risk and balance sheet management, competitive analysis, bank value creation, acquisitions and capital planning.
- Reconcile differing perspectives and align cross-functional efforts toward a shared vision or goal.
- Balance the tension between earnings growth and capital efficiency.
- Understand digital payment innovations and the future of fintech within your financial institution.
The Bank Executive Leadership Program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
The program also qualifies participants for 25-30 hours of professional development credit and CPE credit.
The Bank Executive Leadership Program is designed for bank and credit union executives looking to develop and expand their skills in strategy, leadership and finance. Participants typically have significant experience and financial responsibilities within banking institutions. Past participants have included CEOs, CFOs, Controllers, Regional Presidents, Wealth Management business leaders, senior Corporate Development, IT, Marketing, etc.
Managing Director, Cornerstone
Principal, Balance Sheet Analysis and Strategy, Sandler O’Neill + Partners
Managing Director, The Kafafian Group
Location & Lodging
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
As a participant of this program, lodging is provided for you at the Darden Inn on our Grounds. Materials and some meals are included in your program fee.