Embrace the habits of word-class negotiators to increase your influence, build positive relationships and secure the best possible outcomes for your organization.
- Satisfy conflicting agendas by creating value for all parties.
- Navigate both cooperative and competitive negotiations.
- Assess different types of negotiations for key issues, stakeholder needs and other complexities.
- Determine which components are essential for an effective negotiation.
The program will have an opening session on 8 March from 5-7pm EST, with 2-3 weekly virtual sessions from 1-5pm EST.
Engage in exercises and small-group discussions designed to help you:
- Identify the components of effective negotiation and learn which techniques determine consistent success.
- Take part in face-to-face in-class negotiations with fellow participants to build your comfort and confidence.
- Watch a live negotiation to study non-verbal cues that affect performance.
- Discover how others perceive you during individual and team negotiations and how to improve and capitalize on your personal style.
There are no prerequisites for participation.
Outcomes & Impact
- Prepare and use predetermined walkaways, goals and specific strategies to yield high value outcomes.
- Apply new insights beyond the negotiating table personally and professionally.
- Build positive and sustainable relationships internally and externally.
The Negotiating Success program counts as one credit toward a Certificate in Management. Complete this program and earn three additional credits in a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for managers, from novice to experienced, entrepreneurial founders, service professionals and partners of service organizations. It is appropriate for professionals from firms of any size or industry.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based
- CPE Credits: 25.0
- Fields of Study: Communications, Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The program is conducted entirely online through live Zoom sessions and on-demand assignments and exercises.