Enhance virtual skill development, resilience and understanding to manage strong reactions, center yourself and connect with others, even from a distance. This approach follows best practices of learning neuroscience, interleaving learning and practice in a “real time” setting, resulting in more effective personal and organizational results.
The entire program will run over a four-week period. Live virtual classes will meet via Zoom on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-2:30pm EDT, with the exception of the first week when live sessions will be Tuesday and Wednesday. Between live virtual classes, participants will practice daily exercises, apply learning in real-time in their own settings, and check-in with peers and instructors via an online learning platform.
Embark on a personal leadership journey that is designed for leaders at any level who need to strengthen their resilience and learn to lead with intention. Grow your capacity for self-management so you can engage and communicate more mindfully, generating more effective personal and organizational results.
- Bring your own personal leadership challenges and work on them directly through experiential learning.
- Identify and transform personal triggers and habits of attention that influence your ability to take effective action.
- Engage in exercises - inspired by meditation, yoga, improvisation and acting - all designed to help you observe your own leadership in action.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Reflective Writing: Leadership Challenges
The selected case studies, readings, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
We are currently in an extremely challenging and changing environment. While there are many advantages to working remotely, managing associates in this way presents unique challenges. Creating trust, open communication, and the connection necessary for collaborative work relationship requires specific strategies and tools. This class arms you with what is needed to be successful.
Outcomes & Impact
- Incorporate daily, practical methods for centering yourself and projecting a leadership presence that rings true in you and with others.
- Become more present so you can focus on the right priorities for yourself and your organization.
- Increase your resilience and ability to self-manage while increasing your team’s resilience and ability to self-manage.
- Engage your people and communicate with greater clarity and effectiveness.
- Create a resilient organizational culture.
This program is designed for those who need to increase resilience, reduce stress, and better manage themselves, and thereby become more self-aware, engaged and effective leaders at any level.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
The Leading Mindfully program counts as one program toward a noncredit Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and three additional programs within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 18.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The program is conducted entirely online through live Zoom sessions and on-demand assignments and exercises.