There is nothing like the present upheaval to put a focus on how important great leadership is to any organization. In this program, we take a different approach to leadership, one which puts the idea of the leader as servant as central, and see how this enables you to grow as a leader and create better results for your organization.
This unique program features live virtual sessions, diagnostic assessments, coaching session and leadership reflections. Live virtual classes will meet for 3 hours per day on 17-21 and 26-27 May, with project and team work to be done outside of the live sessions.
This program counts towards the Specialization in Future-Ready Leadership.
Refine your natural management inclinations with individual coaching and discover how empathy, communication and encouragement can drive your team in extraordinary new directions.
- Learn what it means to practice leadership as a servant and the power it creates within organizations
- Become more aware of your leadership skills, how you affect others and complete diagnostics that help you better understand your impact as a leader
- Understand how servant leadership can be adapted to different organizational settings and contexts to see how it can drive improved results
- Deepen your knowledge of human behavior, including our capacity to bring out the best in people as well as our darker side, and how you can lead more responsibly
- Expand your capacity to think creatively and develop new insights essential for navigating through challenging times
Advanced preparation includes case study and book excerpt readings. The selected case studies and books will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop your best ideas with collaborative input and without undue attachment to their execution
- Move beyond compensatory standards of risk and reward by cultivating an atmosphere of support and respect
- Lead your team through stressful projects while remaining thoughtful and empathetic
- Let go of control and allow others to do their jobs more effectively and happily
This program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This course is designed for leaders and practicing senior managers who translate corporate strategy into operational performance among private and public companies, not-for-profits, NGOs and educational and health systems.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Ruffin Professor of Business Administration, Director, Olsson Center for Applied Ethics; Director, Doctoral Program
Isidore Horween Research Associate Professor of Business Administration, Associate Dean for Washington, D.C., Area Initiatives and Academic Director of Public Policy and Entrepreneurship
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Internet Based
- CPE Credits: 32.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The program is conducted entirely online through live Zoom sessions and on-demand assignments and exercises.