Learn how to embrace change, drive growth and innovation and lead your team to do the same.
- Develop strategies to manage change at the individual, team and organizational levels.
- Build resilient and adaptable teams that weather disruption and welcome change as an essential part of growth.
- Balance innovation with stability, both structural and financial, to act with greater agility and purpose.
Be prepared to navigate through organic and disruptive change.
- Manage your own responses to change.
- Strengthen your flexibility.
- Provide the context and confidence your employees need to make the most of new opportunities.
- Learn the personal habits that enable leaders to become powerful change agents - and how to underscore those skills with your natural strengths.
- Understand the psychological and social elements that influence behavior before, during and after disruptions to traditional team structures.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes case study readings. The selected case studies will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Outcomes & Impact
- Apply step-by-step methods to prepare for and navigate change on the organizational level.
- Solicit diverse feedback to encourage innovation.
- Improve your own capacity to embrace and pilot change, both as a role model and hands-on leader.
This program counts as one program toward a noncredit Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and three additional programs within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for:
- Executives who plan or carry out organization-wide changes in strategy or technology.
- Managers responsible for shifts in cultural standards or organizational structure.
- Leaders tasked with soliciting buy-in for new initiatives.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Johnson and Higgins Professor of Business Administration, Senior Associate Dean and Global Chief Diversity Officer
Shannon Smith Emerging Scholar in Business, Associate Professor of Business Administration
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 18.0
- Fields of Study: Personal Development, Business Management and Organization
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
As a participant of this program, materials and some meals are included in your program fee.
Lodging is included with the program fee and will be provided for participants at:
2100 Bond Street
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Hotel accommodations includes breakfast, wifi, and free parking at the hotel.