Build happier, more functional teams to achieve significant gains in productivity.
- Develop teams who are more efficient, effective and flexible, to meet the demands of a changing world.
- Learn techniques for coaching Olympic-level teams, designed to inspire commitment, loyalty and pride while striving toward a shared goal.
- Practice skills in leadership and communication through peer workshops and daily rowing to prepare for challenges back at the office.
Become a more sensitive and powerful leader through self-diagnosis, expert change management strategies, peer workshops and daily sweep rowing experiences led by Olympic rower Dan Lyons and his team of coaches.
- Embrace listening as a key leadership skill, and practice offering constructive feedback.
- Discuss real-life scenarios and specific personal challenges around such topics as: bridging differences within teams, driving change and growth with teamwork, learning to coach instead of direct.
- Learn to visualize and communicate organizational goals to inspire buy-in.
- Bring it all together when you compete a full racing shell with a group of your peers.
Outcomes & Impact
- Design team structures that maximize output without overextending individuals.
- Assess and applaud the talents of individuals, and determine which tasks will suit them best.
- Discover which of your personal skills are most helpful in competitive and collaborative situations.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and innovation.
This program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership . Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for:
- Executives and leaders responsible for enhancing growth, innovation or organization-wide performance.
- Mid-to-senior level project, unit or division managers.
Daniel K. Lyons
World Gold Medalist and Olympian in Rowing , Founder and President of Team Concepts Inc. , Founder of Champions of Hope Inc.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Daily rowing practice will be held at the Rivanna Reservoir Boathouse on the Rivanna River. Transportation to and from the boathouse is provided.
Lodging & Transportation
Participants are responsible for reserving their own accommodations. Darden has secured a group room block for this program at:
2100 Bond Street
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Darden has secured special room rates for the duration of the program for participants who make their reservations by 1 June 2020. Room reservation includes breakfast, wifi, and free parking at the hotel.
Darden will also provide free daily shuttle service between the hotel and Darden Grounds throughout the course of the program.