Darden’s primary email vendors are iModules and Emma. When crafting an email newsletter for your area, we recommend:
- A simple header that will keep the focus on your content
- Adherence to the Darden color palette
- Inclusion of the Darden logo
- Succinct text that is easy to scan and engaging to read
- Include alt text with photos to comply with accessibility guidelines
If you are preparing to launch an email newsletter, we invite you to contact the Office of Communication & Marketing so that we can provide guidance and assistance.
Personal Email Style Guidelines
- Avoid the use of backgrounds, personal quotes or decorative fonts in your emails.
- Preferred fonts for email text are legible sans-serif fonts. Good choices are Arial, Calibri and Helvetica.
To ensure that the name of the School is referred to consistently in email signatures, please use the samples below. You may copy the signature directly from this page and adjust for your needs. For detailed instructions on creating signatures in Outlook, refer to these instructions.
If you choose to use a gender pronoun in your email signature please use the following format:
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Pronouns: he, him, his
Pronouns: they, them, theirs
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
P.O. Box 0000, Charlottesville, Virginia 22906-0000 USA
(Optional) Shipping: 100 Darden Boulevard, 22903
(Optional) logo image with link, or use url above.