Increase your effectiveness as a leader and grow your capacity for self-management so you can engage and communicate more mindfully, generating more effective personal and organizational results.
- Be more present so you can focus on the right priorities for yourself and your organization.
- Connect within yourself and with others to attain a greater sense of clarity and flow, and use this new awareness to be a more effective leader.
- Act and communicate with more intention.
Looking for the Fall 2020 virtual program?
Visit the new program page for more information on dates, format, pricing, and content.
Embark on a personal leadership journey that is designed for leaders at any level who need to strengthen their resilience and learn to lead with intention. Grow your capacity for self-management so you can engage and communicate more mindfully, generating more effective personal and organizational results.
- Bring your own personal leadership challenges and work on them directly through experiential learning.
- Identify and transform personal triggers and habits of attention that influence your ability to take action.
- Engage in exercises - inspired by meditation, yoga, improvisation and acting - all designed to help you observe your own leadership in action.
- Follow-up with a virtual group meeting to help sustain your learning and behavior change.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Pre-reading Case Studies
- Pre-Program Online Meeting
- Reflective Writing: Leadership Challenges
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Outcomes & Impact
- Incorporate daily, practical methods for centering yourself and projecting a leadership presence that rings true in you and with others.
- Increase your resilience and ability to self-manage.
- Engage and communicate more effectively.
- Create a mindful organizational culture and impact within your team.
This program is designed for those who need to increase resilience, reduce stress, and better manage themselves, and thereby become more self-aware, engaged and effective leaders at any level.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
The Leading Mindfully program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 18.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The program will open and close at Darden in Charlottesville, and the rest of the program will be hosted at:
500 Morven Dr.
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Located just outside of Charlottesville, Morven is the ideal setting for participants to learn together in one of University of Virginia's historic houses, as well as to spend time on their own in the meditative gardens.
Lodging & Transportation
For Fall 2020, lodging is provided for participants at the Darden Inn on our Grounds. Materials and some meals are also included in your program fee.
Darden will also provide free daily shuttle service between the Inn and Morven throughout the course of the program.
For Spring 2021, accommodations will be included for program participants at:
Residence Inn Charlottesville Downtown
315 W Main St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Accommodations include breakfast, wifi, and free parking at the hotel.
Darden will also provide free daily shuttle service between the hotel and Morven throughout the course of the program.