Ensure sustainable success by leading through your team, supporting their development and engaging with people at a deeper level.
- Embody your values in your behavior and interactions, increasing trust with employees, partners and customers.
- Cultivate an environment of transparency around organizational strategy and performance to encourage support for and dedication to organizational goals.
- Discover and develop new, innovative directions through collaboration when everyone has equal input.
Refine your natural management inclinations with individual coaching and discover how empathy, communication and encouragement can drive your team in extraordinary new directions.
- Examine your unchallenged assumptions about direct report management.
- Discover the difference between obedience and engagement and build new habits that encourage others to achieve the highest good.
- Develop easy ways to welcome high-level conversations with direct reports, customers and suppliers
- Learn how to relax the tension of self-preservation in favor of thoughtfulness, empathy and willingness to listen
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop your best ideas with collaborative input and without undue attachment to their execution
- Move beyond compensatory standards of risk and reward by cultivating an atmosphere of support and respect
- Lead your team through stressful projects while remaining thoughtful, empathetic and inclusive
- Let go of control and allow others to do their jobs more effectively and happily
This program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This course is designed for leaders and practicing senior managers who translate corporate strategy into operational performance among private and public companies, not-for-profits, NGOs and educational and health systems.
Ruffin Professor of Business Administration, Director, Olsson Center for Applied Ethics; Director, Doctoral Program
Professor of Business Administration, Batten Executive-in-Residence, Batten Faculty Fellow
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
As a participant of this program, accommodations and most meals are included in your program fee.