Ensure sustainable success by leading through your team, supporting their development and engaging with people at a deeper level.
- Embody your values in your behavior and interactions, increasing trust with employees, partners and customers.
- Cultivate an environment of transparency around organizational strategy and performance to encourage support for and dedication to organizational goals.
- Discover and develop new, innovative directions through collaboration when everyone has equal input.
Refine your natural management inclinations with individual coaching and discover how empathy, communication and encouragement can drive your team in extraordinary new directions.
- Examine your unchallenged assumptions about direct report management.
- Discover the difference between obedience and engagement and build new habits that encourage others to achieve the highest good.
- Develop easy ways to welcome high-level conversations with direct reports, customers and suppliers
- Learn how to relax the tension of self-preservation in favor of thoughtfulness, empathy and willingness to listen
Advanced preparation includes case study and book excerpt readings. The selected case studies and books will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop your best ideas with collaborative input and without undue attachment to their execution
- Move beyond compensatory standards of risk and reward by cultivating an atmosphere of support and respect
- Lead your team through stressful projects while remaining thoughtful, empathetic and inclusive
- Let go of control and allow others to do their jobs more effectively and happily
This program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This course is designed for leaders and practicing senior managers who translate corporate strategy into operational performance among private and public companies, not-for-profits, NGOs and educational and health systems.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Ruffin Professor of Business Administration, Director, Olsson Center for Applied Ethics; Director, Doctoral Program
Professor of Business Administration, Batten Executive-in-Residence, Batten Faculty Fellow
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 32.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Materials and some meals are also included in your program fee.
Lodging will be provided for participants at:
2100 Bond Street
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Hotel accommodations includes breakfast, wifi, and free parking at the hotel.