Now, perhaps more than ever, women are called on to lead in organizations and society. Create opportunities to leverage your strengths and lead confidently at all levels. Led by Laura Morgan Roberts, creator of the Reflected Best Self framework, this program is your opportunity to develop clarity and lay the groundwork to achieve your chosen purpose.
- Expand your knowledge of strategy, negotiation, communication and leadership
- Manage conflict and drive change
- Build and strengthen critical networks and partnerships
- Anticipate future industry trends and predict their impact on your company's success
Blend your instincts and experience with accelerating techniques from the most powerful women in business.
- Strengthen your ability to build influence and inspire others through focus on corporate culture, communication, conflict management, leveraging differences, crisis leadership and decision-making under pressure.
- Assess and address your unique challenges and opportunities through simulations, workshops, a network assessment exercise and one-on-one professional and personal coaching.
- Identify your leadership strengths and practice applying them across your current and future organizational responsibilities.
- Learn to actively manage your professional development and secure managerial support for innovative ideas and strategic opportunities.
- Participate in a personal wellness program to help you maintain peak performance in and out of the office.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Case study readings
- Intro Webinar
- Strength Development Inventory (SDI) Assessment
- Reflected Best-Self Exercise
- Self-Care Quiz
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
This program gave me a new perspective of myself and insight into how I can effect change in my sphere of influence.
Impact & Outcomes
- Maximize the effectiveness of your most powerful capabilities in uncertain as well as structured environments.
- Manage change, negotiate successfully, strengthen networks and lead your organization to greater profits.
- Develop a fully articulated voice and vision for personal and organizational development that includes a holistic approach to wellness.
- Build and strengthen your critical network of allies and partnerships.
This program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership . Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This course is designed for executives and professionals with management responsibilities, especially those leading teams, direct reports and product lines and verticals. Past leaders who improved their effectiveness and vision include corporate presidents and vice presidents, directors, senior HR managers and scientists, independent consultants and many more.
The Women in Leadership Program is open to all participants who meet the professional development requirements for admission regardless of gender. The University of Virginia Darden School Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Johnson and Higgins Professor of Business Administration, Senior Associate Dean and Global Chief Diversity Officer
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Internet Based
- CPE Credits: 32.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Intermediate
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Materials and some meals are also included in your program fee.