What You'll Learn
- Use various analyses to guide decision making (SWOT, competitor, environmental, capabilities, etc.)
- Assess an industry's structure and how the competitive dynamics in an industry affect profitability
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of four generic competitive positions
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to scale an organization
- Assess the impact of a potential merger and acquisition and learn to avoid the common pitfalls of this type of growth
- Discover how to enter new markets and apply game theory to analyze, assess and respond to competitors
- Explore ways to build an innovative capability, add value from innovation and determine an innovation strategy
- Understand the dynamics of competition, the competitive life cycle, and how to develop strategies to survive and thrive through industry disruption
- Learn how businesses compete across industries, the value of being in different markets, and the right degree of diversification
- Discover how, where, and when to enter foreign markets, and foreign direct investment
Who Should Attend
- Executives and managers looking for a refresher to help tackle strategic challenges at their organizations
- Emerging leaders looking to improve their ability to articulate and understand strategy and position themselves for advancement
Continuing Education Credit
An additional benefit of getting your Certificate in Business Strategy is that you can also earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The three-program series is worth 6 CEUs, which is equivalent to 60 hours of contact work.
The strategist’s challenge is to simultaneously manage three critical factors: values, opportunities and capabilities. In order to devise and execute a successful strategy, you need to analyze each of these factors to understand how your organization can create and sustain value.
Request a Consultation
If you're ready to start your certificate journey or have questions, submit the below form or email us directly. A Lifelong Learning concierge will follow-up with you to help you select a start date and complete your registration.