The stakes for an effective communication strategy only get higher in a crisis.
This program will help you build a framework to prepare for the next disruption and better articulate your organization's value proposition, competitive advantage, or strategic transformation — elements that position your organization to step up and stand out during periods of upheaval or progress.
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic upended organizations across industry, many have struggled to communicate their approach to disruption and risk mitigation. Equally problematic, many are challenged to communicate a clear narrative and rationale for their strategic transformation efforts, which are being driven by disruptions from competitors, technologies, new business models and evolving consumer expectations.
In a world where social media and 24-hour news have significant impact on public perception, your organization needs to stay engaged with and responsive to stakeholders through thoughtful planning and approach. Unlike many communications programs that speak to personal leadership presence and how individuals present to others, this program focuses at the organizational level, helping senior communicators and their teams effectively manage the flow, tone, and cadence of communication with all stakeholders.
This hands-on program features simulations, case studies, workshops and discussions around topics such as:
- Developing Effective Communication Plans
- Prioritizing Stakeholder Communication
- Aligning Internal Resources for Effective Crisis Communication
- Communication Best-Practices for Leaders at All Levels
- Communicating New Business Models in the Face of Disruption
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop effective communication plans and routines for organizations faced with sustained business disruption.
- Effectively mobilize and align key stakeholders within your organization to drive impactful communication.
- Train and equip front-line managers to be better communicators, empathizers and leaders during times of disruption and transformation.
- Use new insights to coordinate stakeholder prioritization, outreach and communication cadence.
- Incorporate the best practices from leading brands when communicating new business models and transformation strategies as a result of disruption.
How you respond and communicate in a crisis can have a lasting impact on brand reputation. Correcting communication mistakes to regain trust is a costly business. That’s why it’s critical to get it right from the start.
This program is designed for senior-level leaders responsible for communication to internal and external stakeholders, such as Chief Communications Officers and Chief Strategy Officers; as well as HR professionals who partner with business unit heads across organizations and investor relations/corporate relations leaders.
The Strategic Communication program counts as one program toward a noncredit Darden Certificate in Management. Complete this program and three additional programs to earn your certificate.
The program is conducted entirely online through live Zoom sessions and on-demand assignments and exercises.
Request a Consultation
Please complete the following to submit a request for consultation about this program or to discuss your development needs.