Fall tuition bills will be available in UVAPay through the Student Information System (SIS) in 21 July 2020 and will be due in 19 August 2020. You will receive an email notification to your UVA email address once billing statements are available.
View the Amount Due
UVAPay displays prior term balances as well as tuition, fees and any other charges for the upcoming term. All financial aid, including scholarships, will display as anticipated aid until 10 days prior to the start of the Fall semester.
How Loans and Scholarships are reflected on your student account
Scholarships and accepted education loans will show as "anticipated aid" on your bill. Education loans and scholarships will automatically credit your bill prior to the due date provided all steps of the loan application process have been completed.
Payment is due in full by the date indicated on the bill. Late payments will result in a fee of 1.5% of the outstanding amount due and a registration hold. The Darden Financial Aid Office is unable to offer an extension on the due date or waive a late fee.
UVAPay online portal provides student account access to:
- Charges, Anticipated Credits, & Payments Activity
- Term Statements
- Due Dates
- Online Payments & Methods: UVA's preferred method of payment is online through UVAPay.
- eCheck (ACH)
- This U.S. checking or savings account-based payment method is recommended because there is no additional cost, can be made at any time of day and payment is credited to your student account immediately. Due to banking regulations, money market, brokerage accounts, 529 College Savings Plan accounts, and home equity line of credit accounts are not permitted as payment online in UVAPay.
- Credit Cards
- Credit and debit Card payments incur a 2.75% fee per transaction. Accepted cards include MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- International & Wire Transfer Payments
- Semester Payment Plans
- In person Payment - Students can make payments in person at the Cashier’s Office in Carruthers Hall
- Mailing payments (check must be received by the due date and you should allow 2 weeks for posting of check)
- If you choose to mail a check, please send it accompanied by the printable remittance advice, available in UVAPay.
- eCheck (ACH)
Make the check out to: University of Virginia
Include the student’s University ID number on the memo line
Check payments can be mailed to:
Student Payment Processing
P.O. Box 400204
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904
For express delivery services that cannot deliver to PO boxes (like UPS), send to:
Student Financial Services
1001 N. Emmet Street
Charlottesville, VA 22903