Reignite your sense of purpose and inspire innovation by developing a stakeholder approach to leadership.
- Bring diverse teams together by aligning values with organizational goals.
- Develop a leadership style personalized to your own strengths and values.
- Engage your organization's stakeholders — employees, suppliers, customers, communities, etc. — setting the right goals, making collaborative decisions and creating an environment that honors your shared sense of purpose.
Cultivate your ideal habits, principles and strengths as a leader
- Participate in theater-based exercises, real-world workshops and executive coaching to discover hidden facets of your potential.
- Embrace listening as a key leadership skill and practice offering constructive feedback.
- Brainstorm custom solutions to potential challenges and organizational roadblocks in your pursuit of purpose driven leadership.
Outcomes & Impact
- Align your long-term vision with your organization's needs and win support for your development from supervisors and stakeholders.
- Get the best results out of your team by inspiring the confidence and creativity that already exists within them.
- Maintain your focus on future goals, despite daily urgencies and immediate tasks.
- Allocate your attention and energy so you can accomplish what needs to be done, while inspiring and encouraging others.
The Purpose Driven Leadership program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership . Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for cross-functional managers, team leaders and high-potential individuals preparing for promotions, particularly those who want to encourage independence, innovation and creativity among their direct reports.
University Professor; Elis and Signe Olsson Professor of Business Administration, Academic Director, Business Roundtable Institute for Corporate Ethics
David L. Newkirk
Strategy and Leadership Advisor | Former CEO, Darden Executive Education
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Program materials and some meals are included in your program fee.