Challenging times require radical business process transformations. Learn how to create value and competitive advantage for your organization through leveraging the power of People, Processes and Purpose. In this program, you will learn to use data to drive problem-solving, get buy-in from key stakeholders and create a continuous-improvement culture, so you can focus on your organization’s core purpose, streamline processes and showcase value-creating activities.
This virtually-hosted program includes an in-person experience option if you wish to learn alongside your cohort at our UVA Darden DC Metro location in Rosslyn, VA. Faculty will join remotely and sessions will be hosted in the afternoons to facilitate accessible attendance for all participants.
When you register to attend our upcoming September 2020 session of Leading Lean Transformations Through Disruption, you'll receive a 20% discount on your program fee, reducing the cost of the program to $3,560.
Learn to integrate strategy, innovation and customer focus to survive and thrive in a VUCA marketplace. During this three-week virtual program, you will get hands-on experience implementing Darden faculty’s original “A3” Framework for leading Lean transformations - in any function, and at all levels - across your organization.
- 2–3 September synchronous sessions
- Focus on the problem-solving process
- 9–10 September synchronous sessions
- Focus on people development process
Coaching will be available to participants between weeks 2 & 3.
- 30 September synchronous session
- Program project
The program format and duration provides opportunities for participants to apply their learning in real time, as well as get feedback from faculty and peers as they implement new insights.
Impact & Outcomes
As a result of completing this program, participants will be able to...
- Lead transformations that position your organization for competitive advantage using Lean principles.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to maximize productivity and financial performance.
- Leverage Lean concepts to achieve your organization’s core purpose.
- Improve performance by focussing on the key metrics that matter.
- Create more value without increasing costs through process controls.
- Gain buy-in for key transformations from key stakeholders.
- Create a mindset laser-focused on goals and a culture of performance in your organization.
Everyone can increase value, lead transformations and solve problems through Lean.
Lean is not about cost cutting. Lean is transformational change on an enterprise level: identifying waste and removing it improves quality and customer service. When we teach everyone to identify waste, costs will come down and stay down.
This program is ideal for mid- to senior-level leaders who are responsible for leading transformations in healthcare, retail, manufacturing and service industries.
The Leading Lean Transformations program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Management. Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
Leading Lean Transformations will be hosted primarily online through synchronous virtual sessions. For interested participants, there will be an in-person experience option available at:
UVA Darden DC Metro
1100 Wilson Boulevard
Materials and some meals are included in your program fee.